The Anti-Nationalist Challenge

Objective: To win the top flight of a league with players from a single foreign nationality.

Since nationalist challenges seem to be one of the most popular, I want to see what people can come up with for a slightly more unique challenge. Instead of winning the top flight with the nationality of the league, win it with all foreign players of the same nationality. You may choose and league-nationality combination, although some leagues will be easier than others (it helps to pick an EU country or one with few foreigner restrictions). It also helps if you decided which foreign nationality to use before you set up the game so that you load the right leagues.

Set-up: You may use any of the official SI databases. You may load up any leagues that you wish with any size database. Attribute masking and detail level settings are up to you. Your manager profile is also completely your choice, including starting experience. You may pick any team in the league of your choice to start out with, regardless of which division they occupy, but you only complete the challenge by winning the top division.

Rules: You will complete the challenge by winning the league with all of the league appearances made by players of a single foreign nationality. You may switch jobs within the league structure, but may not take a job in another league you have loaded or take an international job. No use of third-party editors or scouting tools is allowed. You may sign players in any way you choose. You may have players of other nationalities, but they are only allowed to make cup and continental appearances in your challenge-completing season. Players eligible for the foreign nationality include anyone with it as a second nationality, including players that are naturalized for the country during the course of game. The only exception to that is that you are not allowed to send players on loan to a feeder in that foreign country to gain nationality there. For example, you are not allowed to accomplish winning the Scottish Premier League using Belgian players by acquiring a work permit feeder and sending players of various nationalities to it. We will ask for player history screenshots if we have any doubts. When you complete the challenge, please list all of the players and their league appearances so that we can quickly check the numbers.

Possible approaches: There are many possible ways of approaching this challenge. You can try to win one of the highest reputation leagues or try to win the Hong Kong league with all Chinese players. You can also chicken out and try to win with an all-French Arsenal team. I think one of the main challenges is trying to figure out how close you are to finishing the challenge. Obviously you will be trying to bring in as many of players of the foreign nationality as possible, but it will be interesting to decide on when to dump the existing players or whether to bring in any players of foreign nationalities. It may be best to start with a squad that has lower expectations so that you can easily surpass those and bring in the foreign players slowly. It will also be important to bring enough cover of foreign nationality, because you do not want to have the title clinched and fail in the last game because you do not have enough cover for injuries and suspensions. As for which leagues to load, it is recommended that you load the league of the foreign nationality you are playing the challenge with and you may wish to load other leagues that may create regens of the nationality. For this reason, you are likely to plan ahead before setting up the game.

Possible suggestions: You can come up with any combination you want, but here are some suggestions:

Scotland with all English players or the reverse

Spain with any Latin American nationality (remember that two years gets them Spanish nationality)

MLS with all Mexican players

France with Senegalese players or any other African nationality

Hong Kong with all Chinese players

Anywhere with all Brazilian players

Scandinavian league with all players from one of the other Scandinavian countries

It might take a while to win in the MLS with a squad made up of a single foreign nationality and impossible in season 1 and 2. There are domestic player restrictions, and all those Mexicans need Canadian/American (which takes 3 years) citizenship to not count as an international.

Originally posted by rancer890:

It might take a while to win in the MLS with a squad made up of a single foreign nationality and impossible in season 1 and 2. There are domestic player restrictions, and all those Mexicans need Canadian/American (which takes 3 years) citizenship to not count as an international.

I've noticed in my MLS games that a fair few of the regens come through with Mexican second nationality. I figured that in the future it would be possible to have a squad full of them and use Mexicans from their league to make up the numbers (and the quality of course). It would certainly take a few seasons

I remember trying this with one of the early CM games with an English club and Brazilian players. Things were going well until I got to my first game in Europe, I literally couldn't field a team and my game ended.

This is why I said that you only had to field the single nationality for league games. I figure that you can keep a few players of other nationalities around for cup ties and the like.

you try buyin 20 brazillians in 2 months haha

It's not really a one season challenge. I would imagine that it would take several years at any top league because you would have to splash the cash a bit.

Even if you do not plan on trying this challenge, do any of you have any other intriguing ideas to try out? I am seeing if I can win the Dutch league with all Serbian players, but given my lack of transfer skill, this could take a while.

Archived