How are you doing?

1 Who are you managing?

2 What update are you playing on?

3 what year are you in?

4 How you have done so far as the manager of the team you are?

Me im managing Luton town

Playing on update 3

In my first season

Having a poor season lying in 8th place in the middle of december and just knocked out of the FA trophy but im am in the FA cup 3rd round with a home tie against Middlesbrough

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Aston Villa

2. 10.3

3. Jan 2016

4. I've done quite well as I've won 1 League Cup, 2 Community Shields and 3 Back to back Prem titles. Unfortunetly I'm yet to win the FA Cup or Champions League. But I own a quite good squad and have quite alot of wonderkids ready for the future. At the minute my side are sitting 1st only a few points above City

managing: West Ham United

update: 3.0

season: 2

after a brilliant 1st pre season winning all my games and even banging in 9 in 1 game i started slowly in my 1st season. However things soon picked up and i ended up finishing 6th which i thought was a great performance. Didnt do very well in the league cup losing in the 3rd round but reached the semi final losing to chelsea who eventually won it. Qualifying for the europa league was the highlight.

2nd season has just started and played 5 won 2 drew 1 lost 2 and won 8-2 on agg in qualifying for europa league but on the down side just got smashed 5-2 by chelsea.

Hopefully i'll have some good news to report soon.

Will report back at halfway point of season 2.

Good luck to all.

1 Who are you managing?

3 what year are you in?

Me im managing Luton town

Playing on update 3

In my first season

Having a poor season lying in 8th place in the middle of december and just knocked out of the FA trophy but im am in the FA cup 3rd round with a home tie against Middlesbrough

1) I'm Gainsborough Trinity in the BSN

2) 10.3 update!

3) December 2009

4) Quite well actually. Top of the league although that was because I have got lucky a few times: been outplayed but still won, snatched some late (and i mean late!) goals, had about 10 penalties etc. just quialified into the 3rd round of the FA Trophy (The one just for BS clubs) and got knocked out at the first time of asking in the FA Cup qualifying rounds to Lincoln United(Poor). Got Scunny as my parent club and got 3 players on loan (all quality)! Only top by 1 point though. Hopefully will get promotion. (By the way, I have Sunday League as my past experience so it's quite a challenge!) :D

1. Managing Arsenal

2. Patch 10.3

3. 2021

4. Been there 4 seasons, won the league 4 times, and the CL 3 times. Also, won FA Cup twice and League Cup twice, with a few Community Shields, Super Cups, and Club World Cups. Had £100 million+ to spend every season, and have the best youth academy in the world. So I think I'm doing pretty well.

1. Newcastle UTD

2. 10.3

3. 2019

4. Not bad so far. I took $tun's 2019/20 save and played from there. 2nd in League, only defeat so far was 3-0 opening day to Sunderland (oooooh they didnt like that) Other saves have gone better, but I'm sticking with this one. :D

1. Havant & Waterlooville

2. 10.3

3. 2014

4. Started the game unemployed before getting the Havant job. They were in the relegation zone but I managed to keep them up. Brought in a few youngsters and loan signings and finished the next season in 8th.

Currently in my 3rd season and with nine games to go I am in 2nd and only 1 point off the top of the league. Hopefully going to be my first promotion of FM2010!

1 Who are you managing? Gateshead

2 What update are you playing on? 10.3

3 what year are you in? 2009

4 How you have done so far as the manager of the team you are? Am currently at the December point of season one flying high at the top of the league barring a few blips I have a 11 point lead on second place. My strike force is scoring quite a few goals ensuring some good times to be had. I hope to keep the momentum going in order to make the Heed a football league club next season.

1) Betis

2) 10.2 update, on 10.3 patch (patched during season 2)

3) Dec. 2012

4) Better than expected on my long term plan. 09/10 1st segunda 10/11 6th (despite horrible form in the run-in) 11/12 3rd and cup winners 12/13 so far 2nd, have qualified out of my group with Bordeaux (did double on Bayern). A good mixture of frees, cheap signings and bought regens will see me well for the future. I also just refused an offer from Roma which would have nearly quadrupled my salary to £61k a week.

1) Queens Park

2) 10.3

3) Dec 2009

4) Well as you can tell ive only just started really, the main point of this was to fill the stadium (50k+) which could take some time.

You won`t be there to see their stadium get 50k as you will get the sack as all QPR managers do.

Sorry for going off topic. ;)

You won`t be there to see their stadium get 50k as you will get the sack as all QPR managers do.

Sorry for going off topic. ;)

He's talking about the Scottish team who play at Hampden Park...

Yeah the scottish club :p 52,500 seater, and not even getting 1,000 a game at the minute

1. West Ham

2. 10.3

3. Second Season

4. 1st Season finished 5th, very poor league cup (fielding weaker team), ok FA cup run.

So far half way through second season sitting 4th looking good for a stab at CL spot. Very poor League cup again (out!). Through Europa league stage top of group.

Not sure about how people play but I don't use any 'tools' (scouting etc) or anything, all vanilla stuff so pretty chuffed. Using a flat 4-3-3.

1. AFC Wimbledon

2. 10.3

3. 4th season

4. 3 promotions so far, now into 4th season with 1 win and 1 defeat so far, though picked up a few bad injuries to key players and 4-3-3 formation is starting to show a few weaknesses against better players. Stadium being expanded to 5700 capacity. Signed De Laet and Marc Wilson (Celtic) as full backs, Mokoena in defence, with a couple of good scandinavians in midfield and a few loanees, team has an outside chance of promotion again I'd say. Probably need one decent DM and another forward.

1 Brazil

2 10.3

3 Jun 2013

4 Finshed 3rd in World Cup after getting knocked out my Del Piero. Won the Copa America. Made Ronaldo beat Pele's all time scoring record. Currently in Semi's of Confederations Cup against England who, once were managed by Ledley king for 11 months.

1) AC Milan

2) 10.3

3) Sep 2013

4) Not too bad. Serie A winners 2011,2012 and 2013. Coppa Italia winners 2013. Loosing the CL final both 2012 and 2013 hurt though. The team is younger, the club's economy is booming and things are looking up. I am truly enjoying this save as I am winning (the league), but at the same time still have some challenges to overcome (CL).

1) KFUM Oslo

2) 10.3

3) July 2010

4) Finished mid table in my first season in the Norwegian Second Division. Bought in a few players for the second season and that combined with getting a very lucky league (no relegated teams and 7...yes 7...promoted teams) has led to me being unbeaten at the halfway stage. I've never done so well.

1 Who are you managing?

3 what year are you in?

1) Sunderland

2) 10.3

3) Just finished the 2013/2014 season

4) Quite well.

Here are my competition wins since season 1: (I have boxed in the wins since the first season)

sunderland6.png

I could also add another Champions League to that as I have the final in a few days.

Here is my the Premiership table from the current season:

englishpremierdivision3.png

1 Who are you managing? - Liverpoo

2 What update are you playing on? - The database is 10.2, though I'm on 10.3

3 what year are you in? - 2025

4 How you have done so far as the manager of the team you are? the only things I've failed to win in my 4 full years at the club was 1 league cup and 1 CL. Though I wasn't in the CL for one year. So 4 PL, 4 FA Cups, 3 LC, 4 CS, 2 CL, 2 Supercups, 1 CWC.

They love me. But won't build a new stadium to replace Anfield. Though we have no debt, fill the ground, have 400 mill+ in the bank, and I can function by selling to buy for the forseeable future.

1. Barcelona

2. 10.3.

3. 2023

4. I left my 7 times-in-a-row Champions League winning Bayern Munich side to join Barcelona in 2022 after lifting the 2020 Euro and 2022 World Cup with Spain. So far, I've only played one season, but we won the treble last year. It is, by far, the greatest save I've ever had on any FM series.

1. F.C. Brugge (my 5th club)

2. 10.3, though the save's been going since 10.0

3. Summer 2032

4. Reasonably well, the side had been trapped in mid-table for years, despite poor starts to both seasons played so far, have made the championship playoffs both times (5th and 4th) and done well in that to be 3rd both times, though anderlecht and lierse have been pretty dominant for a long time overall, though I've can do them head-to head. Have a much larger budget this year and have marvelled at the mugh higher standard of possible signings so maybe the gap can close somewhat.

1. Tottenhams

2. 10.3, but I started in on 10.1

3. 2016

4. Well. They were stuck in midtable when I took over in March 2013, and I won the league in 2014 and 2016 on a shoestring budget. Prior to that, I built an awesome Central Coast Mariners side who are yet to lose a competition with the youth system I left them.

1 Nocerina

2 10.3

3 2020

4 Took charge right after they were relegated to the lowest italian division.

Managed to get them back up, with a decent finish the first season after promotion.

In my current season i've started badly. Struggling with winning games. Either ends up

with a loss or a draw.

1. Sittingbourne

2. 10.3

3. 2024

4. Took them over in 22/23 season in Ryman Division 1 South after a tycoon takeover, now in second season, got promoted first season and on way to next promotion. I have £103,000,000 to spend on transfers but am trying to nurture the Youth team players

1. Man Utd

2. Started with patch 10.1 think its 10.3 now

3 Year 2016

4. 1st at the moment at the end of feb teams really doing well looking to defend out title.

5, Been at united from the start I have won 4 league titles could be 5 soon, Fa cup 5 times, Euro Cup 1, Super Cup Twice, Club World Champ 1, League Cup 4 times, Community Sheild 5 times

1) Inter Milan

2) 10.3

3) October 2010

4) not so good, havent won anything and finished 4th in the league, knocked out of the CL by Liverpool, and knocked out of the Coppa Italia by Napoli all last season...this season currently in 11th and only 1 win in 6 league games :(

1 Stuttgart

2 started on 10,0 db (but playes on current patch, 10,3)

3 apr 2014

4 arrived at the club from Toon 10 games into the league of the 2013/2014 session, currently siting 5th, and have fought my way to the domestic cup final, Im pretty pleased with this considering i inheritated a medicore mid table start, and only had about 11 good players on my team, which forced me to clear deadwood in the jan window for more depth

Team : Man Utd (After 3 seasons at Celtic and 1 at AC Milan.

Patch : 10.3

Date: January 2022

Won 3 SPL titles in a row with Celtic when Milan came calling, they were in danger of relegation and I managed to keep them in Serie A when at the end of my first season with them I got offered the Man Utd job.

SAF had retired and Aguirre had got the job, he made a mess of it and as his successor my first job had to be to try and replace all the big names he had sold and the ageing former stars he hadn't. Got myself some talented young regens and am just starting to reap rewards now.

Have won the Prem the season before last and the league cup the season previous to that one but had to wait a long time in this save to win 'the big one', having finally managed to win the ECL last season.

So far this season have won the Community Shield, European Super Cup and the Club World Championship. We're still in the F.A cup and league cup and are 3 points behind Derby (who've had a tycoon takeover) with a game in hand in the EPL. hoping to claim my first clean sweep of all trophies in a season since FM 09 this year.

Update....We are out of the F.A cup and lost the league cup final to Man City due to a bad end of season injury crisis were we had 5 first team members injured and 1 first choice cb had to be sent on holiday for 3 weeks due to being overplayed at 33 yrs old (a new cb is my first priority in the next transfer window). Also failed to win the EPL losing out again to Derby who are turning into the new Man City in my save. We are in the CL final again though, so if we can beat Arsenal in that we win back to back CL's.

1. Sittingbourne

2. 10.3

3. 2024

4. Took them over in 22/23 season in Ryman Division 1 South after a tycoon takeover, now in second season, got promoted first season and on way to next promotion. I have £103,000,000 to spend on transfers but am trying to nurture the Youth team players

Now my chairman has withdrawn his funding :(

Time to slash the wage bill!

1 Stuttgart

2 started on 10,0 db (but playes on current patch, 10,3)

3 apr 2014

4 arrived at the club from Toon 10 games into the league of the 2013/2014 session, currently siting 5th, and have fought my way to the domestic cup final, Im pretty pleased with this considering i inheritated a medicore mid table start, and only had about 11 good players on my team, which forced me to clear deadwood in the jan window for more depth

some update on this, i finished 5th and won the cup

1. Barnet

2. 10.3 (started 10.0)

3. Dec 2029

4. Won the premiership the previous two seasons, won the CL last year, and the Europa league the year before. My first trophy on this save I got in 2027 (League Cup)

Gained promotion from L2 2014 (2nd place), to CCC 2017 (playoffs) and to the Premier League in 2021 (2nd place), so the closest i came to win a trophy before the LC27 was the Johnstone's Paint Trophy final in 2014...:p

1. Newcastle UTD

2. 10.3

3. 2019

4. Not bad so far. I took $tun's 2019/20 save and played from there. 2nd in League, only defeat so far was 3-0 opening day to Sunderland (oooooh they didnt like that) Other saves have gone better, but I'm sticking with this one. :D

Update:

Going strong in 3rd place in November 2019, having only two defeats and 1 draw with a game in hand over Chelsea and Hull. Beat Chelsea 3-0 in the League cup to progress against high-flying Southampton. A real cup match this, with us edging it 4-3 inthe 89th minute.

Our defeats are Sunderland 3-0 :( amd Manchester UTD 4-2 (I was 2-0 up at half time and dancing around my room.) Bouncing back well, haven't conceded a goal in the last 3 games. UP THE TOON *cough**cough*

OP: Great idea for a thread

1. West Bromwich Albion

2. 10.3

3. 2022

4. Done well so far. Secured promotion the first season finishing 2nd behind winners Newcastle. Finished mid table the year after and almost got relegated the season after that. Then I started to improve. Fought for an Europa League place the following seasons not always getting it.

Then I started to improve again. Managed to finish 4th. on a few occasions without qualifying for the group stages of the Champs. League.

During this time I also lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup final and Man City in the League Cup final.

Then I improved once again in the 2019/20 season finishing 3rd. and finally I got through to the Champs. League group stage. Established myself as a top 4 side in the following season before I finally won my first throphy in the 2021/22 season winning the league on goal difference with +45 goals against Man Citys +41. (Before the last match I had a 3 point lead and 9 more goals so I played youth and fringe players and lost 3-0 to Newcastle while City won 2-0 against Leicester.)

This season I'm 1st. two points ahead of City after 14 games.

1. Crook Town

2. 10.3

3. 2015

4. Done very well managed (somehow) back to back promotions from level 10 in england up to the top of the blue square premier. still a long way to go as i want to take these to domination!

Archived