Just started with Chelsea...

....been a fan since 1984. Remember hundreds of time like standing on the terraces getting rained on in the old second division drawing 0-0 at home to Shrewsbury etc....or away to countless teams wondering if I'd make it home alive....

But now I'm the manager. I sign Jermaine Defoe, because he is key. I sign Mexes and Ledley King because I need central defenders. That cost about 55m, we have an insane midfield and the best goalie and the best backup goalie in the world. So I'm done. JT tells me it's in the bag. Roman tells me "Win" with a smile.

It's on...

(Happy new year to all you great FM playing stars out there)

....been a fan since 1984. Remember hundreds of time like standing on the terraces getting rained on in the old second division drawing 0-0 at home to Shrewsbury etc....or away to countless teams wondering if I'd make it home alive....

But now I'm the manager. I sign Jermaine Defoe, because he is key. I sign Mexes and Ledley King because I need central defenders. That cost about 55m, we have an insane midfield and the best goalie and the best backup goalie in the world. So I'm done. JT tells me it's in the bag. Roman tells me "Win" with a smile.

It's on...

(Happy new year to all you great FM playing stars out there)

I played as Chelsea for a season as an introduction to football manager 2007 and its new features. The team is rather immense. As you say yourself, you've the best goalkeeper around while Ballack's very much a god in a central midfield role and you'll also be hard done by to find better wingers, not forgetting the rest of the team who are equally talented. I wonder at your decision to bring in two central defenders mind. What about John Terry, while Carvalho and Boulahrouz aren't too shabby either? I'd agree with the addition of one but two seems a bit unnecessary in my book. Each to their own of course.

Good luck!

Well you really need 2 quality players for each position. And JT and Crazy-hair-Carvalho are quality. But Boulahrouz? Not good enough. So I needed two more. Mexes and King are much better than him. My squad is now:

G: Cech/Cudicini

RB: Fereirra/Geremi (Johnson will be back)

LB: Cole/Bridge

CB: Terry/Carvalho

CB: King/Mexes

DMC: Makelele/Essien

M: Robben/Cole

M: Lampard/Mikel

M: Ballack/Wright-Phillips

F: Shevchenko/Drogba

F: Defoe/Kalou

Drogba, Essien & J Cole often start and all the squad is getting playing time.

Need to sell Crespo and a few others to make some room...

I'm thinking of starting up a Chelsea game. My Newcastle game has ground to a halt in 2017, I just can't seem to make them any better than they are (a cup win per season and 2nd in the league icon_frown.gif ).

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my third season and I believe I unlocked sugar daddy (foreign billionaire wants to invest in club etc). Been very successful using just a default tactic (not hard with Chelsea you are probably saying).

1st season: Won PL, won CL, runners up CC, runners up CS, qf FAC.

2nd season: Won CL, won FAC, won CC, won CS, runners up SC, runners up PL (!).

3rd season: Won PL, won CL, won FAC, won SC, won CS, runners up CC.

Pretty chuffed with 3 Champions League titles in 3 years. My squad at the beginning of season 3 (prior to signings) is:

G: Cech, Akinfeev, Schmeichel

RB: Rafinha, Johnson

LB: Cole, Bridge

CB: Terry, King, Macienne

CB: Mexes, Carvalho, Kompany

DMC: Essien, Diarra

LM: Robben, Babel

CM: Lampard, Mikel

RM: Walcott, Cole

F: Defoe, Drogba, Kerlon

F: Shevchenko, Kalou

Ballack, Makelele & Cudicini have all just left on free transfers. Walcott has just arrived on a free transfer. I have a large sum of money available to me for transfers and weighing up who to go for. Might just go for 4 or 5 top quality youngsters I've had my eye on. Or I might just decide it's no challenge and manage someone else entirely!!!

Archived