am i really that sad ?

morning all :) , i was just wondering if i am the only bloke that plays this game at my age and wondered , do i really have a problem ? , i am a 40 year old bloke who can't stop playing fm, the mrs always has a pop at me saying i am sad and am like a little kid because i love the game :( , i would rather spend all evening playing fm that sitting talking to the wife or watching telly with her , am i really a lost cause ? :( am i normal ? :eek:

when i came to shanghai to settle down, i said to myself, i would never play games. for example xbox and fm10, but i thought i leave fm10 on my laptop, just in case.

now,cause my wife works away, i am on it most nights and day. i still think i will be playing when i am 50, but who cares!! I play only when my missus is not about.

when i came to shanghai to settle down, i said to myself, i would never play games. for example xbox and fm10, but i thought i leave fm10 on my laptop, just in case.

now,cause my wife works away, i am on it most nights and day. i still think i will be playing when i am 50, but who cares!! I play only when my missus is not about.

I am 60 and still playing. I wouldn't describe myself as sad just obsessed with football and as my wife works away for most of the week and she says that playing FM is better than me taking a mistress everyone's happy

As long as you don't exclude the other things then you cant be so bad if you love FM so much. While I'll miss the days of long uni holidays (and being able to play while working, as long as its reading-based, including revision) I hope I can continue for years to come.

Theres no age limit. As others have said, if you can continue to function normally and don't forget your responsibilities then its all good. My missus is happy with me playing FM because its better than me being out all the time getting wasted and causing grief. FM rules my friend, not sad at all.

These are new times, with so many people in all ages playing i don't think there is a limit at any age at which you can continue to play games. Those born in the 70's like me grew up with Commodore, Amiga and NES and will probably be playing still games the rest of our lives.

The average age of gamers is around 35 so IMO its pretty normal. We grew up with computer games and there is really no good reason to stop playing them. Id rather be playing FM when im 60 than staring through the window all day like old people like to do.

I'm 38 and still loving it.

Most nights the routine is Dinner, kids asleep by 8ish, laptop and fm not long after that. In front of the TV so can sit with the missus and still be sort of sociable. She prefers it to me dissapearing to the study and my proper gaming PC. She's not a fan but knows not to get between me and PC Gaming..particularly FM. :D

Archived