Could someone help me please?

Hi, im a relatively new player to football manager but I have been on and off since the original ChampMan days and have a couple questions I hope one of the experienced guys and gals could help me with. Hope its not completely stupid :)

I'll try and explain it best I can;

To keep it simple, lets say I only load up one league (English Premiership) to be playable as I start a new game. Does this mean that;

A)Players who are NOT playing in the Premiership (Scottish Premiership etc) are NOT scout-able in their respective league, such as their scoring streaks etc are not 'simulated'.

B)Teams that you may come across in say the Champions League (Barcalona etc), do those respective teams simulate tiredness and injuries from their home divisions and other matches etc? For example I could meet Barca in the Champions league with a slump in the goalscoring or Messi being injured.

What im trying to get at is even though I have not loaded certain leagues I will still come across teams that are from leagues that are not 'playable'. Do these teams still get simulated by the CPU or are they completely left out until the user is drawn to play them?

I hope this makes some sense and someone will help, id much appreciate it.

Long time reader and first time poster :)

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not completely sure about "A", however with "B" I believe that they are still simulated to some extent. If I don't have the spanish leagues loaded I still quite often see that the players have played some matches, although it's often low and they've only played say 10 games (around January). So I think they do.

Thanks for your help, I only want to manage in the UK so I just dident see the point of making loads of other leagues playable just so players and teams would be completled simulated.Plus the time it would take to simulate it all :)

Hi, im a relatively new player to football manager but I have been on and off since the original ChampMan days and have a couple questions I hope one of the experienced guys and gals could help me with. Hope its not completely stupid :)

I'll try and explain it best I can;

To keep it simple, lets say I only load up one league (English Premiership) to be playable as I start a new game. Does this mean that;

A)Players who are NOT playing in the Premiership (Scottish Premiership etc) are NOT scout-able in their respective league, such as their scoring streaks etc are not 'simulated'.

B)Teams that you may come across in say the Champions League (Barcalona etc), do those respective teams simulate tiredness and injuries from their home divisions and other matches etc? For example I could meet Barca in the Champions league with a slump in the goalscoring or Messi being injured.

What im trying to get at is even though I have not loaded certain leagues I will still come across teams that are from leagues that are not 'playable'. Do these teams still get simulated by the CPU or are they completely left out until the user is drawn to play them?

I hope this makes some sense and someone will help, id much appreciate it.

Long time reader and first time poster :)

A: indeed, their "scoring streaks" are not simulated. They will get match fitness, and maybe some goals and assist from continental/int competitions.

B: Im not sure about injuries. What I do know, is that if a league is playable, it's stronger then if a league is not playable (loading more leagues will make champions cup harder to win), and Im quite sure, that if a league is played (ie. you are in charge of one of the teams in the league), the detail level is higher, and teams usually become stronger. I Played dutch 2nd league and got unrealistic amount of upsets in dutch cup. I also played multiple strong leagues, and the top teams in those can often play very consistent. Real madrid can finish with 100+ points for example. I usually load the top 8-10 nations in europe, to make sure i get a better detail level for continental competitions.

If you wanna play a top team in UK (now, or maybe later in your carreer), I advice you to load at least spain, italy, france and germany as playable, to give the european leagues a more realistic feel.

Thank you again, I forgot to mention that if a league is not loaded at the start, and 5 seasons down the line I try to buy a player from a league I never loaded, will the players stats change (go up and down etc).

Sorry to keep using examples;

I dont load spanish leagues but in 5 seasons I look at buying Messi from Barca, will his stats be changed or will they be the same because I never loaded that league.

Again, I hope this makes sense :)

Thank you again, I forgot to mention that if a league is not loaded at the start, and 5 seasons down the line I try to buy a player from a league I never loaded, will the players stats change (go up and down etc).

Sorry to keep using examples;

I dont load spanish leagues but in 5 seasons I look at buying Messi from Barca, will his stats be changed or will they be the same because I never loaded that league.

Again, I hope this makes sense :)

Messi is a bad example, I don't think his stats will change in 5 years. But a good example, err, a talented player like macheda, ramsey (i imagine mentioning them as talented isn't a spoiler, since they are very talented irl), will definately improve in 5 years. I know however, that first team football improves a player, and Im not sure whether this effect "works" if a league is not playable.

Thanks for your help Helemaalnicks. So you suggest loading certain leagues to make Champions league more interesting even if im not wanting to ever manage in those respective leagues?

What leagues to you suggest loading if im wanting to be an International Manager?

Again, thanks.

Thanks for your help Helemaalnicks. So you suggest loading certain leagues to make Champions league more interesting even if im not wanting to ever manage in those respective leagues?

What leagues to you suggest loading if im wanting to be an International Manager?

Again, thanks.

I would just load as many leagues as you want, starting @ the top of the coefficient list, untill you feel like you have too many for a smooth game. The coefficient list is:

Enland, spain, italy, germany, france, russia (but this league is not playable i think), ukraine, portugal, holland, turkey.

I think ive solved my own answer, but I cant understand why. If I choose all the leagues I want and make them 'view only', it says the players are not loaded and I cant play in the league. Thats all good, but I ran a test and I can still view all the players etc in the view-able leagues. So what constitutes them not being loaded? I can see them, I can offer them contract etc so I dont know what the game means by not loading the players from the view only leagues.

Archived