Opposition Formation Does well against formation used against last opponent?

Well everytime I use a formation in a previous game I swear to god alot of the time it suddenly decides that the formation I used last time e.g 4-1-3-2 is the formation that team does well against.

Now I'm wondering what this is about? Are the teams generally good against those formations and this is hugely coinsidental or does it judge it upon the previously used formations...

I'll try and get an example if I can but meanwhile is anyone else experiencing this sometimes? :confused:

Most AI managers use their favourite formation till they're 3-0 behind, even if they're bottom of the table, losing everything, they'll usually stick with their fav formation, so im not sure what you're talking about. ie: chelsea always uses 41212, barca 41221, man utd 442, etc.

Say I played Chelsea last week with a 4-3-1-2 formation and beat them next week against say Boro I go into Backroom Advice and apparently they suddenly do great against the 4-3-1-2 formation?

So I'm asking is this coincidence or what because it happens quite often

Say I played Chelsea last week with a 4-3-1-2 formation and beat them next week against say Boro I go into Backroom Advice and apparently they suddenly do great against the 4-3-1-2 formation?

So I'm asking is this coincidence or what because it happens quite often

backroom advice is complete nonsense. Don't pay attention to it :).

But you see I must... If they say a opposition does well against I certain formation I will not use it.

Why do you have to? Say you're managing in england, and playing 442. They say "chelsea does well against 442 formations". Well, DUH, everyone in england plays 442. Is that a reason not to use it? No, obviously not. It's coincidental 99% of the time anyway. The fact that a team does slightly better against 1 formation on a 4game sample is statistically irrelevant. You can't draw conclusions from that. I advice you to play to your own strenghts.

It may be common but this happens against all sorts of formations plus to add you may say all teams in England do well against teams who play 4-4-2 but on that day against Boro I beat them 5-0 with it...

This also happens with 4-3-1-2, 4-5-1 etc

Sorry, can't help you, since I don't have a clue what you're talking about (i thought i did, but now im just utterly confused). Dont know what happens, on what day against boro, what also happens with 4312, 451, etc. :confused:

so opposition always does well against the formation you used last game? That does sound a bit strange to me. It might be because backroom staff thinks you play the formation you employed in your last game, and thus comments on how well opponent does against that formation. If opponent plays well against 0-0-10 formations, that wouldn't be very interesting, because it's not very surprising.

Archived