Real Commentry On FM

No! No! NO!!

I remember playing FIFA 1996 when I got a Saturn in the 1990s. I hated the commentary and I haven't played a football sim since because of it. Maybe I should have expected the commentary to have improved, so I had a look at a video for the latest FIFA on YouTube the other week. It hasn't improved. The commentary was terrible and I'd just be forced to switch it off.

To be fair I find the commentary on TV awful, especially ITV. They talk so much rubbish half the time. I don't want to hear these idiots when I'm enjoying FM.

The only way commentary can be done is to have someone come in an record a list of player names and lines. Then the game puts them together. Can you really see John Motson recording the name of every player in the FM database?

So no. It's tacky and awful in FIFA and it'd be tacky and awful, without adding anything to the game, in FM.

If you want to go and play a game that follwos the trends of console football games then go and play a console football game. I'm quite happy with the adult and realistic PC game we have. Every day there's another post asking for flashier graphics, adding playable chairmen and now commentary. Accept FM for what it is, not what the other games are.

Actua Soccer 3 had Martin O'Neill commentating. :']

Oh Dear. That must have made it an enjoyable game. I respect the guy as a manager, but he doesn't half go on when he's doing BBC match analysis.

I think Lawro fell alseep on him after one match at Germany 06.

Archived