newcastle takeover

From reading up things on the forums, Newcastle tend to quite often become a force to be reckoned with and pushing for top 4 at least before long.

With regards to takeover, they seem to often get some rich lot take them over usually, but I suppose it depends on luck.

This isn't from experience, never managed Newcastle.

I am currently managing Newcastle and we got taken over by rich man bryan crosby somewhere at the end of the 2nd season. During his time , I managed to buy stars like aguero, lukaku,fazio,sakho,hamsik,hazard, rodwell and neymar :). Futhermore, crosby has given me so much $$$ that i can afford to leave stars like otamendi and sandro on e bench and neymar and marcelo unregistered.LOL!!!

Two differing experiences here.

Managing them in first season got a takeover in November by some Italian bloke, he put an extra £9.75mil into the club and spent a further £7mil upgrading the training facilities even though they are already top, I asked about improving youth facilities and although he said we have one of the top facilities in the division he would improve them. So far so good with this guy, hopefully he'll pump more in and give me a real war chest when we get to the prem.

Whilst managing another team on a different save they got taken over by Lambias and at the end of the 5th seson went into administration.

10.9.2011, Mike Ashley left and their was an internal promotion with Paul Beale becoming the chairman.

I noticed no real difference in income, have had no cash injections.

Fortunately, Newcastle make a healthy profit for me every season and I have never struggled with funds.

My 2016/17 transfer budget was £117 million, of which I have £190 million left (as I have only sold players this season and promoted youth players).

Depends on what patch.

In the earlier patches (10.0, 10.1) Ashley was looking to sell the club which was reflected in the game. In the later ones (10.2, 10.3) Ashley was 'happy to stay' which was also reflected in game.

Of course even though he is happy to stay there is always a chance of a takeover. I don't know what his attributes are in the editor but I'm guessing at least one of them will trigger a takeover happening, especially if it is low.

In my current save Mike Ashley just got replaced by someone who was not going to invest anything into the club - basically just a new name under chairman was the only thing that changed.

Which I am okay with, makes it more interesting to manage them when I have to worry about finances.

So do I. I am on my second season with Newcastle and finally Mike Ashley start thinking about quit but I has been told one of directors will take over and don’t expect much more investment lol….

Archived