building a new stadium

They were going to expand my stadium but then they could't because the council didn't give us planning permission.

This was the same for me for 3 seasons, then finally the board informed me they were building a new stadium.

I think it all depends on attendance, finance, club rep, and possibly how old your current stadium is.

On a related note, anyone know how long it takes to actually build the stadium once the board approves?

I think providing money is available and you're regularly filling the stadium then the club will expand the stadium. If that's not possible if its reached its expansion capacity I think if you keep pestering them eventually they will build a new one. It can take time though and it can mean less money for transfers.

Wish I knew how to get a new stadium. It's 2025 in my save, I'm with Liverpool, the board loves me, I've won nearly everything going over the past 4 years, we're out of debt, have a tycoon owner, we fill out our stadium, and have 300 million quid sitting in the bank. I keep asking for the stadium to be expanded, though they keep saying they can't due to the council. Which is fair enough. I wish I could just get them to consider a new stadium rather than expansion.

I did test it a little while ago, by saving it and issuing an ultimatum, and while they sacked me(ungrateful sods, they were lining up my Coach David N'gog to replace me!), there was a bit from the fans who were agreeing that we needed a new stadium.

Hopefully we'll get a new one built in a couple more seasons, I'm staying at Liverpool till I pass Man U's title count(they have 24, we have 22), and equal Bob Paisleys Liverpool record of 7 league titles, so there's plenty of time.

Wish I knew how to get a new stadium. It's 2025 in my save, I'm with Liverpool, the board loves me, I've won nearly everything going over the past 4 years, we're out of debt, have a tycoon owner, we fill out our stadium, and have 300 million quid sitting in the bank. I keep asking for the stadium to be expanded, though they keep saying they can't due to the council. Which is fair enough. I wish I could just get them to consider a new stadium rather than expansion.

I did test it a little while ago, by saving it and issuing an ultimatum, and while they sacked me(ungrateful sods, they were lining up my Coach David N'gog to replace me!), there was a bit from the fans who were agreeing that we needed a new stadium.

Hopefully we'll get a new one built in a couple more seasons, I'm staying at Liverpool till I pass Man U's title count(they have 24, we have 22), and equal Bob Paisleys Liverpool record of 7 league titles, so there's plenty of time.

Odd. In my liverpool save they began building a 60,000 seater stadium in 2012.

Also, why on Earth you have David N'Gog in your coaching staff is beyond me

I think it all depends on attendance, finance, club rep, and possibly how old your current stadium is.

On a related note, anyone know how long it takes to actually build the stadium once the board approves?

If you are Liverpool - a bleedin long long long time!!!!

Archived