Leagues with fewest mateches ??

Assuming you're only interested in the top-flight league of each nation (e.g. English Premiership has 38 games, but Championship etc. have 46 + playoffs), these all have less than 30 games, including playoffs and stuff:

Hong Kong (18)

Iceland (22)

Finland (26)

India (26)

Malaysia (26)

Australia (27 in regular season, and I believe between 2 and 4 games in the finals, so potentially as few as 29)

There are LOADS of leagues with 30 games in a season.

re: best team in A-lge... as mentioned it changes... but i played with Central Coast mariners as only they (and wellington - nz) have youth academys... i found it quite easy, just make sure u sign australian players based in europe who's contracts expire.... they will dominate

In the a-league I bulk on youth and 18-20 yr old english prem throw offs and sit em in youth team for 3 years with the odd african and brazillian thrown in. As for the best team, go for the one with the best looking uniform. 2 seasons and your team will be the best in the league. i have never NOT dominated the league after 3 seasons.

What is the best team to manage in Austraila?

IRL it is Sydney FC, who just won the Finals Series (playoff) and the league proper

in the game it is within the reach of most human managers to challenge for the title as there is not much difference in quality in the game, thanks to the salary cap.

Some teams have some 'quality' players

Sydney FC - John Aloisi, Karol Kisel + Joel Chianese, Kofi Danning as brilliant youth players

Perth Glory - Mile Sterjovski is a beast

Melbourne Victory - Marvin Angulo (the beast from FM09)

etc...

I do believe in real life the A-league is designed to be competitive so that no one team becomes a runaway year after year winner. So, in effect, there is no best team.

I read that somewhere. I think the US league is the same.

Archived