FM11 Idea - Interaction: Communication & Negotiation

My views may not be completely accurate but from personal experience.

Here I am suggesting that there should be a big improvement into the Communication between "characters" and Negotiation. At the moment everything seems fairly Robotic when it comes to these points. I'm not full of Ideas so you will find I will point out areas that can be improved rather than explain how.

I think I had a few more ideas but they seem to have disappeared from my brain :)

Human-to-Player Interaction

If it is your own player the only interaction that ever takes place is comments on form. An interview is the closest other way you will get to interact with you player because he will have an opinion on how you answered your questions but not everyone does interviews as they are mainly time consuming and barely beneficial.

If the player is a player you are interested in, it will usually go something like this:

- Declare the player will be a star

- Declare that in your opinion the player is a great player

- Declare interest in the player

3 Simple repetitive steps that ones done you cant communicate anymore because the player will "get tired of your comments".

Its so "static". It definitely needs to be expanded and while yes, a player will get tired of comments if you try to repeat yourself constantly, he may be more appreciative of your excessive comments if they are expanded and more points can be addressed.

Human-to-Board Room

This point is about how this part of the game needs to be expanded so it can be realistic in different circumstances.

Say your a title challenger and your budget is 25m. There is this amazing player that would be a massive benefit to your team but he will cost you 26.5m. You CANNOT get him. While there is option to increase transfer funds it will rarely actually work.

What I propose is that you can go to your board to present your target and if needed request more funds, but be able to explain that with this player your chances of winning the league massively increase and that the player will be worth every penny.

Negotiation

Swapping numbers. That is all this is. There really isn't much going on here. Same with the player, there needs to be more options to talk to the player about why this move would be beneficial to them. You need to be able to CONVINCE.

Another thing is player ability to understand the situation. Here is an example:

Tevez is want away, he will do anything he can to get away from Man City, I am one of his favored personnel and he would be glad to join me. I am a top team, bigger than 5th placed City although I manage like Wenger, tight financial control. Tevez is on 140k P/W at City and I offered him 100k (Also tried with 130k but I wouldnt have accepted), he declined saying the basic salary was not good enough.

Now in real life the player, being desperate to get away from the club would recognize that he is on a massive wage and that realistically he is going to have to accept a lower wage at all but a few other clubs in the world to move. However on FM the player just recognizes this as a wage cut and will not move. It does not take into account Citys absurd financial position compared to other massive clubs.

---------------------

That is all, Hope I didnt dribble...

Human-to-Board Room[/b]

This point is about how this part of the game needs to be expanded so it can be realistic in different circumstances.

Say your a title challenger and your budget is 25m. There is this amazing player that would be a massive benefit to your team but he will cost you 26.5m. You CANNOT get him. While there is option to increase transfer funds it will rarely actually work.

What I propose is that you can go to your board to present your target and if needed request more funds' date=' but be able to explain that with this player your chances of winning the league massively increase and that the player will be worth every penny.[/quote']

I like this idea a lot, i know there is the possibility that if you have an offer accepted for a big reputation player that is above your budget the board will kick the rest of it in, but there needs to be better communication here where you can discuss possible targets. In fact the chairmen or presidents of clubs irl will often try to attract players.

If I may also tack something on here.

Right now I, as a human manager, can attend press conferences and influence various things (squad morale, opposition morale, pressure, etc.). I may be wrong, but I haven't noticed any news items about AI managers having such press conferences. To me that's a good way of adding a new dimension to press conferences, and gives AI managers another venue to play mind games besides the same old pre match comments. At the very least, I think it will give AI managers a level playing field and the same options we have to put team/players under pressure.

For example, an AI Manager can say player X may not play because of his injury. Depending on the mind-games attribute of that manager, I can either take his word for it, or think he's bluffing, or just send Van Bommel out there to kick some ankles.

But yes, I think the next step in FM is to improve communication (manager to player, board, other teams) and create a more dynamic game world, now that SI has finally got 3D out of the way.

Good Idea although Im still not sure about press conferences, I do a Fergie and let Pat Rice take them as they are so repetitive and time consuming with little benefit.

Another thing is:

Managerial Contract

When you are negotiating a contract with a club there is no negotiation. Surely there would be a bit of questioning. Also, there would be a discussion about the Short Term and Long Term Aims of the club. (Over 5 years?)

Archived