1st Offseason Help

Starting my first offseason with Manchester City. I saved it in 2 different files so I could play around with my signings and releases.

Upon my first attempt, I signed Sergio Aguero and Phillip Mexes. I sold Pablo Zabaleta, Benjani, Martin Petrov, Javier Garrido and released Silvano, Patrick Viera.

Starting out my season, I am 1-4 in the premier league. I finished last season at 3 in the premier.

My question is, does it take a while for my new players to fit in? I feel I strengthened my squad, but am struggling so far.

Should I try to buy players that speak English? I know Aguero and Mexes dont speak English. Will this affect their ability to gel with my other players?

Any help or suggestions would be great!!

It does take time for the team to gel. In my experience, it took a couple of games. Knowing English is a benefit, but isn't necessary if the players are of the quality of Aguero and Mexes. Without sounding like a cliche, it may just be your tactics. You might not be playing to the strengths of your players. All I can suggest is give it time or if you are going to change formations, give it time before editing them a second time. Hope this helps.

I like to "work" my players in as I find new signings (especially younger ones) are more likely to make a mistake or take time to gel. Subbing them into their first game instead of starting if i can afford to, for example. It's not as easy with defensive players but even having them sit on the bench for one game before playing seems to help them "settle in" and make less mistakes.

Archived