Youth Team

Hi

I have never really had a great youth team, and have never really known how to do it...

I know that you can sign good young players that can go into your youth team, and move up the ranks. But how do you get players to come through your youth team, without buying the players?

Thanks.

If your board has the money, get them to improvr the youth and training facilities, so you get better youngsters, and better training for them so they can improve to become good players.

If not, change the youth training schedule to train the right attributes.

I have played 7 season of football at Newcastle and have had pretty much top grade youth facilities the whole time, I have only had two players in that period that have gone onto become first team players, both of those came through in the same year.

So as you can image, it is very rare for top 'wonder kid' to be generated in your own academy.

One of them looks like he is going to be awesome.

So as you can image, it is very rare for top 'wonder kid' to be generated in your own academy.

I've had quite a lot of wonderkids come through my academy, they are not as good as the players I could be buying but they are still decent players. It took a lot of time though, for years and years the players coming through were rubbish but now I seem to get a few highly rated players every year.

You lucky so and so, I have just checked, and only 2 have the wonderkid tag and my coaches reports make me think only 4 of my youth academy will ever make it as first team players.

I am lucky to be the U21 manager, so I get a heads up on any good youth prospects, as they get added to the national pool by the other coaches as well.

Archived