Ridiculous

I've just played the World Cup 2010 final 5 times as England against Argentina with the Legends database so still pretty similar teams. I beat them 4-2 in a pre-cup friendly then lost 2-1 in the WC group stage. The first time i played the final i went behind came back to 2-1 it finished 2-2 and i lost 7-6 on penalties, I decided to try again and despite being 1-0 up at half time lost 2-1, so tried again and the same thing happened and again and again, 4 games in a row lost 2-1 despite being 1-0 at half time. I went with the assistant's 'Pleased' advice and made a couple of non-weakening (due to fitness) subs and was usually on top in the second half but conceded stupid goals with my midfielders feeding their strikers through on goal. I'm just fed up with the game not allowing me to win. Has anybody else suffered this kind of annoyance at ridiculous losses.

The game should be able to recognise when u quit and reload after a loss so when u reload you will always lose no matter what. This was used in kevin keegan football manager once u reloaded u would always lose3-0 and this was about 15 years ago

I've just played the World Cup 2010 final 5 times as England against Argentina with the Legends database so still pretty similar teams. I beat them 4-2 in a pre-cup friendly then lost 2-1 in the WC group stage. The first time i played the final i went behind came back to 2-1 it finished 2-2 and i lost 7-6 on penalties, I decided to try again and despite being 1-0 up at half time lost 2-1, so tried again and the same thing happened and again and again, 4 games in a row lost 2-1 despite being 1-0 at half time. I went with the assistant's 'Pleased' advice and made a couple of non-weakening (due to fitness) subs and was usually on top in the second half but conceded stupid goals with my midfielders feeding their strikers through on goal. I'm just fed up with the game not allowing me to win. Has anybody else suffered this kind of annoyance at ridiculous losses.

Don't use the "pleased" team talk. Use "don't let your performance drop" or "don't get careless". If their midfielders are putting killer passes through then perhaps man mark one of them? Maybe use a counter attacking tactic for the 2nd half etc etc?

If you are doing the same things each time and expecting different results then you're barking up the wrong tree sir.

The cheating is irrelevant to the situation as it's the same situation as if i'd played them in numerous separate games, and also the world cup final is the only game i ever reload i'm not a cheater in general. All their goals seem to be mistakes from my players. I'm just fed up with the amount of times ridiculous things happen to make me lose but never to win

I'm just fed up with the amount of times ridiculous things happen to make me lose but never to win
You can go with that story if you like, but I suspect I'm not the only one who's read that and instantly thought "Selective memory" ;)

The definition of madness is trying the same thing multiple times and having different results. The game isn't designed to give stasifactuon to cheaters, in fact it is not designed for any match to be replayed, so any results after the original are irrelevant.

The cheating is irrelevant to the situation as it's the same situation as if i'd played them in numerous separate games, and also the world cup final is the only game i ever reload i'm not a cheater in general. All their goals seem to be mistakes from my players. I'm just fed up with the amount of times ridiculous things happen to make me lose but never to win

I highly doubt you'll play five games against a team on different occasions where everything is the same. Injuries, morale, weather, form etc etc will be different for every game.

I bet all of your goals stem directly from your tactical genious and/or your players pure skill though, right?

The only ridiculous thing here is the epic fail of this whinge. :thdn:

Why is it ridiculous that you can't win? Have you altered tactics or do you use the same one each match? Alter things more radically and see what happens.

And, don't always go with what your ass man says when it comes to team talks. Have you tried encourage as that often works for me. Either that or the don't get complacement/don't expect performance to drop option. Sometimes players need to be told this.

And one final point from me. Playing a match over and over will convince you that things are amiss when they're not. You'll start to become obsessed with it. Do you even watch the whole match but rush through it all in high speed?

Archived