Carling Cup not a minor trophy?

I have gone back to FM07 for a bit and I won the Premiership and Carling Cup in the first season, but it says that I have won 1 major trophy and 0 minor trophies. Surely the Carling cup would at least be a minor trophy? Can someone please tell me why it says this as I am a bit confused, cheers.

I have gone back to FM07 for a bit and I won the Premiership and Carling Cup in the first season, but it says that I have won 1 major trophy and 0 minor trophies. Surely the Carling cup would at least be a minor trophy? Can someone please tell me why it says this as I am a bit confused, cheers.

I think the FA Cup is a minor trophy and the Carling Cup (League Cup) is worth nothing!

I think the FA Cup is a minor trophy and the Carling Cup (League Cup) is worth nothing!
Can't be right - the FA Cup is major and Carling cup is minor. Is the game patched?

Just checked my HOF (won 2 carling cups at 2 FA cups) (patch 3) and the carling cup doesnt count for anything, FA cup is major domestic.

• 10 months later...
Since not all countries have a second cup competition, only the league and major domestic cup competitions count for HOF points. Simililarly Charity Shield, World Club Championships etc also do not count.

What are the 'minor trophies' then? It's weird to get to have achieved a quadruple this season, treble last season and a few other trophies here and there, and yet my Hall of Fame only has a score of 6 major, 0 minor, putting me outside the top 20 in World and Continent tables. What about the European Super Cup? Silverware is silverware!

I'm feeling underappreciated :(

FM2011 In my French save I won the "coupe de ligue". It counts as a minor cup in my achievements but doesn't show up in HOF (then again, none of the other managers have anything listed but top flight and top cup wins, so mayhaps it's just designed that way).

What are the 'minor trophies' then? It's weird to get to have achieved a quadruple this season, treble last season and a few other trophies here and there, and yet my Hall of Fame only has a score of 6 major, 0 minor, putting me outside the top 20 in World and Continent tables. What about the European Super Cup? Silverware is silverware!

I'm feeling underappreciated :(

The FA cup is minor iirc, as are domestic cups in general (though only one per nation).

Archived