Finding it hard to get bids accepted on 10.3

Is anyone having this problem? I am Prem Champions with Leeds, but every bid I put in for players seems to get rejected unless it's £40m+

It's doing my head it. I have saved up £88m to spend and I don't want to blow it all on 1 player!

Transfer prices are inflated in FM10 just like they are IRL. But, IMO transfers need a major overhaul for FM11.

I know they had beed overhauled for FM10. It's just I still think they can be improved a lot, with a lot more clauses etc like IRL.

Porto want £74m for Hulk who is worth £9m. WTF?

When the ask for highly inflated prices like this it generally means that they really don't want to loose the player. Try something like 12-14m which I think is still a fair price for a player who's pretty good on FM.

As a long-time (casual) FM player I think this year's game is pretty good on the transfers side of things. It's been really difficult to sell players for years (or maybe that's just me?) but FM09 was easier and FM10 is far better; my club is finally a merry-go-round of players!

I'm not too concerned about clauses and such because I normally play as teams with plenty of money (it's my game), so it's normally a case of £xxMillion upfront. I do, however, accept instalments when selling players because I can't be bothered haggling and bartering.

Yeah i can`t get any offers accepted either atm, i have offered £56m for Aguero and it is rejected.

I bought him for 10 Million over 48 months + Kuyt and Babel much less than 56 in total so in theory yours should have been accepted.

I bought him for 10 Million over 48 months + Kuyt and Babel much less than 56 in total so in theory yours should have been accepted.

Yeah i thought that it would be accepted as well considering i was offering £35.5m up front and the other money over 12 months.

I also have had a £26m offer turned down for Dezko :(

I understand you. IRL that offer would be accepted immediately IMO.

Well IMO it wouldn't.

As has been said many times, you need to work at transfers, they don't happen overnight as many users seem to expect and first offers are only starting points for negotiations.

I agree that the first transfer offer is the starting point most of the time but my offer should have been accepted really.

Why?

You offer £56m for one of the best players around and you expect the club to fall over themselves to bite your hand off.

Most people would think if they are starting at £56m then lets see how much higher they'll go before I make a decision on whether to sell or not.

Out of interest why did you bid £56m?

What was his value?

What price did the scouts say he would be available for?

Why?

You offer £56m for one of the best players around and you expect the club to fall over themselves to bite your hand off.

Most people would think if they are starting at £56m then lets see how much higher they'll go before I make a decision on whether to sell or not.

Out of interest why did you bid £56m?

What was his value?

What price did the scouts say he would be available for?

I didn`t mean that they would go stupid at the price and accept straight away but i thought that by offering £56m and 1 player then it might be accepted.

This was actually my 3td or 4th bid so that is why i thought it would be accepted.

He was valued at £35.5m

Every CM/FM game I've played since the days of CM 2 has had this problem (in CM2, a player was either available/unavailable, if available, you could buy for their value).

I am not saying it is easy, but when you have the same problems appearing game after game, its really frustrating. When you get asking prices of £40M+ needed for Ashley Young, theres something wrong.

I constantly have to look at the transfer listed players to get any reasonable prices.

I have tried these bids for players,

Dzeko - £30 - rejected

Hulk - want £78m (worth £9m)

Fazio - want £30m (worth £6m)

Rodwell - rejected £30m

It's getting silly now.

A regen from OM worth £3m, they turned down £20m,, but want £85m.

WTF?

I feel your pain but in truth a players value has no relation to the club's asking price.

As you can set a asking price for your own players I assume the AI does also. And the AI is very greedy! Unless he is selling to other AI then they will sell for pittance!

I have tried these bids for players,

Dzeko - £30 - rejected

Hulk - want £78m (worth £9m)

Fazio - want £30m (worth £6m)

Rodwell - rejected £30m

It's getting silly now.

A regen from OM worth £3m, they turned down £20m,, but want £85m.

WTF?

If you owned Dzeko would you sell him for £30m?

If you owned Rodwell would you sell him for £30m?

Where did you get the "worth" figures from? Players are "worth" what people choose to pay for them.

Have you scouted the players?

How much do the scouts say you should be able to buy them for?

How long are the players' contracts?

Have you praised them?

Do they have you on their "Favourite Personnel" ?

What is their managers opinion of you?

Have you made any attempt to negotiate?

If you owned Dzeko would you sell him for £30m?

If you owned Rodwell would you sell him for £30m?

Where did you get the "worth" figures from? Players are "worth" what people choose to pay for them.

Have you scouted the players?

How much do the scouts say you should be able to buy them for?

How long are the players' contracts?

Have you praised them?

Do they have you on their "Favourite Personnel" ?

What is their managers opinion of you?

Have you made any attempt to negotiate?

Those are just a few high profile examples. I have £80m to spend and seemingly cannot buy anyone who is over 4stars for anything less than £40m.

I wanted Adam Johnson, (Year 15/16), he has been with Birmingham for 3 seasons and is valued at 3.5m. I bid 5m and it is rejected, so I bidded 120m. This is also rejected.

I guess they reallly want to keep the lad....

I used to have that problem in fm09

clubs want to much money for transfer bids and agents demand too much money for contract bids.....

Whatever price the club quotes, doesn't mean they will only stick to that price (in most cases).

If you do not believe it try for yourself.

SGartz, you stated that the AI wanted 74m pounds for Hulk, when his valuation is only 9m pounds. You can slowly negotiate it up, and I am guessing by about 41-45m pounds, the AI club will accept the offer. In some cases, you might get lucky, and the chairman of the AI club will overrule the manager and accept your bid at 30+m pounds.

If you notice, at the start of the game, it is relatively easy to buy players at more realistic valuations, you can get Rodwell at 14.5 m pounds, Defour at 16m pounds, and Fellaini for about 18m pounds? I suppose that is because the players have yet to clock any game time at the start of the game for the AI to boost up their prices. So when you say that you have made Leeds United EPL champions, you are probably 4-5 seasons into the game? Or even more? That is when the AI's valuation of players have sky-rocketed, as these players have proved themselves many times over ingame.

And as Cougar2010 mentioned, your relations with the player involved, as well as the manager of the AI club do play a part in how smoothly or how much "discount" the AI is willing to sell the player to you.

djkid, you're right, I did negotiate to £51m for Hulk but that was too much (for a player valued at £9m). I can accept this may happen now and again that they simply do not want to sell their best player, although am sure Porto would accept £15-20 for Hulk IRL. Academic.

On the flip side, I have a player who has got the most assists in the Premiership for the past 3 years, and also a striker Bogdan Stancu who has scored the most goals in the Prem for the past 3 years. They are both valued at around £7m. How can this be? Why is it their values are not based on their achievements for the past season or two? I even offered the player who got the assists to all clubs to see who would be interested, guess what - no one is interested, even though he gets 20+ prem assists per season. He's only on £15,000 per week.

Point is, I think the transfer, player reputation system just needs a tweak or two, just to make the game a little more enjoyable for us casual gamers, even including an option to switch off the transfer windows would be great imo.

Well, maybe Porto are a cash rich club in your game with a sugar daddy as chairman? Or they are doing well nationally as well as in the continental leagues that they do not need to start selling their best players? I do agree with you that in real life, a bid of 15-20m pounds might be able to get Hulk, or perhaps 25m pounds max, but that is as you say, largely academic. I can't recall, but I am not sure if there is a rating system for Chairman when it comes to negotiating transfers, I know there is something similar for managers with regards to transfers (maybe it is how often they buy players?), but I can't remember what it specifically is right now.

Out of curiosity SGartz, for your player who has got the most assists, did you transfer list him and tout him to other clubs? That will significantly increase any interest in him.

The other factor which affects transfer interest in any player, which you have already mentioned, is the players' reputation. For the 2 players in question, "most assists" player and Bogdan Stancu, were they playing regularly for their countries? And were they doing performing well for their respective countries? Also, your club's reputation, and league's reputation also increases/decreases the valuation of players. Since you are in EPL, it doesn't really matter league reputation wise, but for a club like Leed's United, you aren't going to get very high reputation scores for just winning the league once, you need to win the consistently and do well in Europe for your player's valuation to reflect your team's performances.

In a certain sense, I do agree with you that the transfer system might need a little tweak, whereby the AI shouldn't base too much on players' reputation when buying/selling a player and instead judge a player's CA distribution for their respective positions, but whether that is possible to create in a game, I am not sure. But other than that, I think it is pretty much OK the way it is currently.

Archived