Mutual Termination

I apologise if this has been mentioned elsewhere. I did have a quick search but may have missed it.

When you take over a new club and the chairman states that all existing staff are willing to accept mutual termination, it doesn't seem to be unreasonable to expect them to do so. However, there seems to be an issue with some player coaches/assistant managers who, in spite of what the chairman says, are 'hurt' and unwilling to co-operate with the mutual termination arrangement. If you want to get them out you have to give them a free transfer, which is much more expensive.

It might make sense to sort this one out for FM 2011. Would it be very hard either for the chairman not to say they're willing or else to make sure they actually will go?

I haven't experienced that they don't want to accept mutual termination when I join the club.

It is strange though as the Chairman says different and in the Hints & Tips it also says that the staff will always accept mutual termination when you join the club.

So, I agree it should be improved in FM11. Either Chairman doesn't says that they will accept mutual termination, or some are just willing to go and some don't.

Archived