Captain Attributes...

What are the main attributed you would look for in a captain? I normally just pick the player from the top of the list when it asks me to confirm my captain as it normally has the best candidates at the top (I hope it does anyway or I would have been getting it very wrong) but I want to do things properly this time. Attributes then? Thanks is advance,

How about influence? That's what I always go with.

You can look at your squad, and right click the bar above them, then choose Mentality>Influence to list all the influence of each player, then sort them, and the guy with the most influence is your captain.

Obviously picking someone is not regular is not worthy and someone that is a low reputation (like a 16 year old) would not be a good idea either.

What are the main attributed you would look for in a captain? I normally just pick the player from the top of the list when it asks me to confirm my captain as it normally has the best candidates at the top (I hope it does anyway or I would have been getting it very wrong) but I want to do things properly this time. Attributes then? Thanks is advance,

Here you go > http://loswonderkids.com/article/90-how-to-choose-your-club-captain

Fabio's link fairly much covers it for me.

The list is sorted by your AM's preference and I do tend to agree with it usually.

Other than that I sort by influence, then look for a player who is part of the first team and has been at the club a few seasons. Other attributes I consider are Determination, Teamwork & Work Rate (Gks are usually low in these areas though which I ignore). I also look at player personality preferring professional, determined players.

The only thing I really disagree with the link is on age. At the older end of the scale I'm happy to install someone if they have the right skills even if they are retiring in a couple of seasons while at the younger end if the player has been in the first team for a few seasons I see them as a candidate (Although this is possibly more likely at a smaller club. In my current save I have a 21yo DC who was U19 captain at 17yo and has played in the first team for a couple of seasons. He'll become captain or vice captain in the next couple of seasons.

At Leeds I had a 19 year old captain in central defence. But I was playing Leauge 1 at the time.

Every bloody team meeting the "Captain Sustainability" came up, even though his influence was the highest at the club and he played every single game. This went on until he hit about 24, and I was in the premiership a season or two at that stage.

I sold him when he was 27 and still captain, and surprisingly nobody kicked up a fuss? He was a decent player with good stats and good ratings each season.

I found that weird.

1) influence is most important but not enough.

2) personality is quite important (look for "leader" and avoid problematic types).

3) also, teamwork and determination help.

4) finally, look for his age and time in club.

5) i also consider language (a leader who can't communicate isn't very helpful...)

I consider influence, determination, their overall ability as a player, and their position. Influence is important for obvious reasons, but also determination so that even when you're down they'll keep going and try to inspire the team to make a come back. Finally I look at they abilities as a player because I find that the better they perform, the team will be better motivated. The think the position is also very important because you'll really need your captain when you're down, so I find that defensive players perform better (as often when you're down the forward players haven't been playing well) as they usually are more consistant in their ratings over a game/season.

I have De Rossi as Captain. I honestly think it is hard to find anybody better suited for this role in the game.

I actaully make the effort to have at least one "Super Catain" material player in any squad I manage.....

If anybody think they have any better suggestions I more than welcome this.

Thanks!

I like to have eras defined by captaincy. Players with high influence and teamwork who are part of the first team set-up and are not new signings are my best bet. In fact, ideally I like to make a homegrown players captain, as early as possible. Currently I have an insanely talented 20yro MC as captain after he's already played two full seasons in the first team. Good captain material, perhaps for another decade!

my captains are:

1 - good influence (minumum 12, influence isnt the be-all and end-all)

2 - centre-back or central midfield (they must be involved in play, but i have occaisionally selected goalkeepers before. but if none of these positions contain someone good enough for the job then do look elsewhere)

3 - loyal (been at the club a few years already, and do not rock the boat ever, under any circumstances)

4 - determined and professional

Archived