Transfer Listing Players

Guest PW

I am having frustrations when starting a new game as normally I will want to get rid of all the rubbish players at a club but when first starting the game alot of them have just joined and no teams want to buy them and the players don't want to leave.

This means that I either have to stick with rubbish players or buy better players but my wage budget gets smashed.

I can't remember when this change occured in the FM series (I think it was FM09) but before when taking over clubs even if players had only just signed for the club (with a previous manager) you could still easily transfer list and sell them.

I'm findng it hard to get into a game when there are loads of quality cheap players available but the rubbish you already have won't leave.

I know that technically it is more 'real life' this way but there are loads of other areas that are fantasy and for better game play I personally would much rather see the game player being able to completely revamp a squad no matter when the player joined.

Conversely I started a game with Celta Vigo and even though players had just joined I was easily able to sell them. I normally start in the English lower leagues so not sure why Celta would be different other than the fact they are a much bigger team than I am used to.

Anyone know a way around this annoying feature (other than tampering with the Editor)?

Archived