i hope we can have a better "Opposition Instructions Screen"

I'll second this. It's really unwieldy to have a proper detailed prematch setup with the current layout.

Things I'd like to see on the screen in prematch:

- opponent fav. foot. Where do I show up?

- my fav. foot. For corners, striker positioning.

- opp. aggresiveness. I don't want to put my 18 yo. developing youth against a 17-aggro 1.9 metre behemoth if I can avoid it.

- opp. height. For corner defending.

- opp. frequently used past formations. I want to know what's he likely to use and how he's likely to react from past experience. As a manager IRL I'd have access to this info (it's on tv at the very least) and know that, for example, they like to switch to 4-3-3 in the 60th minute, or go 5-4-1 if they are one up at half-time. This way I'd be able to plan my subs in advance and have a proper gameplan. At present I can only deduce if they changed formation (not always in commentary) if I don't have the diagram up (which on smaller screens is a real chore) and it takes minutes of gameplay until I can react.

- opp. PPMs. For obvious reasons.

- opp morale.

- pitch dimensions. Exact ones, not "on the long side"...

I'd much prefer it if you could say things like

Show the strikers onto their weaker foot.

Close down attacking midfielders.

Hard tackle anyone under 75% fitness

etc.

Rather than singling out players, as I find that they get substituted eventually and then you have nobody closing down the sub, the sub has no opposition instructions.

I think it would be much better to single out positions than players.

Rather than singling out players, as I find that they get substituted eventually and then you have nobody closing down the sub, the sub has no opposition instructions.

I think it would be much better to single out positions than players.

This can backfire if you set, for example, tightmark on ST and then he subs in a much faster attacker.

Something like would do better:

IF Pace<15

THEN Tightmarking_ST=1

ELSE Tightmarking_ST=0

^Geeky FM humour. :D

Well I wouldn't want a central defender with lower pace and lower acceleration than the striker to be tight marking.

So if there was a way to set it up so that it recognises, hmmmm he's faster than me perhaps I shouldn't mark so tightly. Like a common sense attribute lol :D

yes, this is an interface that does require improvement.

it is incredibly tedious to have to click the same buttons over and over again (marking, closing, tackling, showing), since the automatic "ask assistant" is not good enough...

a common sense attribute

That's badly needed. Like: "hmm... I am through on goal and everyone else's five metres away. maybe I shouldn't veer to the corner." or "k... I'm on the flank, half of my team is in his box, my opponent is thirty centimetres away from me so I can't curl it past him. Maybe I shouldn't cross and get the fifteenth friggin' corner today." :mad:

I'll second this. It's really unwieldy to have a proper detailed prematch setup with the current layout.

- opp. aggresiveness. I don't want to put my 18 yo. developing youth against a 17-aggro 1.9 metre behemoth if I can avoid it.

- opp. frequently used past formations. I want to know what's he likely to use and how he's likely to react from past experience. As a manager IRL I'd have access to this info (it's on tv at the very least) and know that, for example, they like to switch to 4-3-3 in the 60th minute, or go 5-4-1 if they are one up at half-time. This way I'd be able to plan my subs in advance and have a proper gameplan. At present I can only deduce if they changed formation (not always in commentary) if I don't have the diagram up (which on smaller screens is a real chore) and it takes minutes of gameplay until I can react.

- opp morale.

Opposition jumping probably isn't needed IMO, you can set your best headers to "man tall" so all is well.

Is opposition preferred foot needed? For most players, you can simply choose "weaker". I suppose wingers are the exception. As for your own team, is it really that hard to simply learn the preferred feat of your players?

Frequently used past formations is given to you by your scout. What use would exact pitch dimensions be? Does it make a difference whether the pitch is 105 or 106m long? Of course it doesn't.

Opposition jumping probably isn't needed IMO, you can set your best headers to "man tall" so all is well.

Is opposition preferred foot needed? For most players, you can simply choose "weaker". I suppose wingers are the exception. As for your own team, is it really that hard to simply learn the preferred feat of your players?

Frequently used past formations is given to you by your scout. What use would exact pitch dimensions be? Does it make a difference whether the pitch is 105 or 106m long? Of course it doesn't.

I asked for height not jumping, I think it matters.

"Is opposition preferred foot needed?". I wouldn't have asked for it if I didn't think I needed it. And for my team, yes it may be superfluous but it's only one line of text versus relying on memory/carrying around a note all the time... as you may imagine from my explanation, my memory works in mysterious ways.

"Frequently used past formations is given to you by your scout." I meant detailed info. Somethink like: "So, coach, I watched their last six matches and they always started 4-4-2 and then switched to 4-5-1 at halftime"... just an example. Or "I know these guys like to play it safe and then push up in the last 15 minutes when you're tired. Save that fitness for the finish".

Stadium size... yeah I might have pushed it. Scrape that.

- opp morale.

Not having a go but moost of these you can already do

-The opp foot one simply look at the player's profile. I also check their crossing as if it's high and he's a left footer on the left wing for eg I'd show him onto his right foot inside whereas if I was up against an inside forward on the 'wrong' wing I'd show him outside.

-For the aggressive one again just look at profile

-Opp height, like someone mentioned use the mark tall man in defending corners and look at profile for height.

-To be fair look at the scout report which tells you his likely formation and I doubt many people do this but I like to for big games is watch the previous game on the scout report or go onto their fixture list and look for when they played a similar team

-PPM's just look at profile

-Will tell you in motivation widget in-game what motivation is but I don't think it says opposition morale as I'm not on the game

-Look on club info screen for exact dimensions

Jenko I agree, but as ArsenalFan pointed out, it's a chore to go to all those profiles each match. And let's face it: FM isn't the most stable game ever (I myself had tons of crashes on the previous Windows install); add to that array_out_of_bounds errors, corrupt cache, memory leaks, etc. and clicking through 10-15 players with pics/regen faces is a potential disaster waiting to happen. On the other hand one third of the screen is empty and could easily be filled with a few lines of text. It's not like I'm asking for changing the 3d engine or anything. Just aggregate some useful data (my suggestions might not be the most useful for everyone) in the empty space.

Think of it as walking vs. driving to work: sure you can work the five miles and get there, but it sure is tiring.

I asked for height not jumping, I think it matters.

"Is opposition preferred foot needed?". I wouldn't have asked for it if I didn't think I needed it. And for my team, yes it may be superfluous but it's only one line of text versus relying on memory/carrying around a note all the time... as you may imagine from my explanation, my memory works in mysterious ways.

"Frequently used past formations is given to you by your scout." I meant detailed info. Somethink like: "So, coach, I watched their last six matches and they always started 4-4-2 and then switched to 4-5-1 at halftime"... just an example. Or "I know these guys like to play it safe and then push up in the last 15 minutes when you're tired. Save that fitness for the finish".

Stadium size... yeah I might have pushed it. Scrape that.

Height does not matter. Jumping does.

What use would knowing their preferred foot be when you can simply use "weaker", except for the two wingers?

Fair enough re: detailed formations. It would be nice to know the defensive and attacking formation of each side.

While the UI needs major improvements, you can still ask the Assistant Manager. Click him and all the instructions are automatically set.

Do this one or two times again during the game to cover for any changes in the opponent's set up and you are set.

You guys aren't getting what I'm saying sio I did a mockup:

hfFCY.png

It's a lot of unused space that could be eaily used better. I'm not saying that my examples are the best (most likely not, but it's for example's sake), but to get such opposition to a very simple idea amazes me. Everyone agrees to heavy 3d engine mods, but a few lines of text is taboo. *sheesh*

You guys aren't getting what I'm saying sio I did a mockup:

hfFCY.png

It's a lot of unused space that could be eaily used better. I'm not saying that my examples are the best (most likely not, but it's for example's sake), but to get such opposition to a very simple idea amazes me. Everyone agrees to heavy 3d engine mods, but a few lines of text is taboo. *sheesh*

i like the look of that. It would save me from checking the attributes of various players i know little about.

Archived