Further Proof 'use real players' is broken

First of all, before I begin my rant, im a big fan of the game, and this isnt another one of those 'i want my money back SI, the game is unplayable' threads, I am actually really happy with it.

So then, the rant:

I often untick the 'use real players' box, hoping for a new challenge, yet year after year im met with only name, nationality, and age changing, players are often at the same standard they were when they were real, and always have the same players in there favoured personnel, so it it too easy to work out who people are, the feature was only really remotely usefull last year when SI introduced the 'release all players' option in the data editor, although it was removed for this years FM.

I have just started a new game using fake players, choosing to be England manager, and at my first press conference i was asked: "Matteo Federici is the current captain of England. Will you be looking to change the captaincy or allow Federici to continue?"

Matteo Federici is an average 31 year old centre back for Manchester United, with Leeds, West Ham and Man Utd in his favoured clubs list and St Lucia as a second nationality. He also has 61 caps, scoring one goal.

Despite the fact that his ability looks way short of quality enough to even get in the squad, let alone near the captaincy, my biggest problem with the question was the fact that Federici scored his one goal in 62 international appearances for Italy.

Theres the realism ruined 3 days into the game then!

says the guy that started a thread because it took 3 seconds for the game to continue?! I think this thread is slightly more relevant than highlighting your own impatience!

says the guy that started a thread because it took 3 seconds for the game to continue?! I think this thread is slightly more relevant than highlighting your own impatience!

Errr no not really. You are highlighting an issue thats been in FM/CM since the dawn of time, i still can't believe you've brought this up! I was highlighting an issue only present in FM10 as far as i've seen. Oh, plus i started that thread in the bugs forum, where it belongs.

Well yeah, fair enough its been an issue for a while, but when it was improved last year only to be brought back to useless again for this edition, surely its worth highlighting? And by raising it as an issue, surely its more likely that SI will do something about it? And then the continual raising of the issue as you say (although most of the threads ive seen about it are all just 'has anyone else tried it?') must help the possibility that itl be fixed for next year?

Love how dave_byrd presumes the OP has clearly played every FM and would know this issue.

Why do you think i presume that? Might it have something to do with the fact the OP said 'year after year' he has the same problem. Safe assumption to make that he's known about the issue previously.

Interesting theory that just because it's been bad for ages we should never speak of it again

Didn't mean it that like that, i guess i just picked up on the fact the OP presented it like it was a debateable point and 'Further Proof' was actually needed, which it isn't.

so can someone please explain what the problem is?

ie: are we saying this Federici guy is based on Rio Ferdinand but has useless stats?

No. Basically, he's still the England captain, but they've changed his nationality to Italian. So he's played however many times for Italy and is still the England captain, makes no sense whatsoever.

No. Basically, he's still the England captain, but they've changed his nationality to Italian. So he's played however many times for Italy and is still the England captain, makes no sense whatsoever.

this.

the vice captain was a 23year old portuguese winger for liverpool.

well im in my 8th year in this mode and, i dunno if people have noticed but the players that they just change name and age tend to be a bit older and they retire quicker. so before you know it you have a game with 70-80 percent of new gens and i actually prefer it because i find it more challenging and more satisfying when you find a gem of a newgen. dont mean to criticise anone just my opinion.

Errr no not really. You are highlighting an issue thats been in FM/CM since the dawn of time, i still can't believe you've brought this up! I was highlighting an issue only present in FM10 as far as i've seen. Oh, plus i started that thread in the bugs forum, where it belongs.

Whereas you highlighted a "problem" about 6 million other people already had done!

Further Proof? Did we need any further proof? It's been like this for years. Sorry but was it really worth starting a new thread to tell us what we already know?

Not everybody has been hanging around these forums for years, just because some people have i dont think you should shout down points that may be relevant to others.

Archived