If I didn't have so much money I'd be really pi**ed off!

I have just purchased Gael kakuta from Chelsea for 20m plus a player, the player in question had been brought from arsenal and had a 30% sell on clause attached. Come 1st July when the swap happened, I was informed that I had also just paid arsenal 25m because of the 30% future fee clause! WTF, I didn't even recieve any cash for the player, he was exchanged. Also, I didn't recieve any prior warning this fee would be taken.

Would that happen in rl?

But you did gain money for the player. You just gained it in the form of Gael Kakuta. If you ever sell Gael Kakuta you can get your money back. You tried to tip toe around the rules and it didn't work.

Oh, I see what you mean. The game probably took the sell on fee from the exchanged players worth. If the exhanged player was taken out of the equation then the game would have altered the transfer fee accordingly. It seems a little steep but things have been altered accordingly.

Not sure this is right. What were the current values of the player and of Gael kakuta at the time of the transfer?

The game is essentially stating that Gael Kakuta is worth around 100 million.

Finally someone who gets me! Kak was valued at 34m and the player I swapped was 23m or so.

Can you re-load an earlier game and do the transfer any other way? Because that's a load of bullshhhhhh lol...I would be totally screwing if that happened to me.

How is it? If there was an agreement in place for someone to get 30% of their next transfer, the only way to get around it is to let them go for free or when their contract expires.

Because of the fact the game is valuing Kakuta at 83 and a bit million pounds? I am guessing the game does it based on how much Kakuta would have cost in a cash only deal - around 103 million pounds, which, with this games transfer system, might just happen if he is a key player. If so, I would say this is actually fair - if it would have cost that much, then you are effectively using the player Arsenal were owed money on as currency equal to 83 million pounds, and 30% of that should be paid.

Its a bug, its been logged by me and others in the bug forum.

For those trying to justify it, stop now. Its wrong, SI have acknowledged this. You are not getting any cash for that player so therefore the future clause is not triggered, same as if he was released. It ruined a save for me because my club couldn't handle the extra cash drain.

Archived