Is loading players from other countries cheating?

If you load load players from other countries when you start a new game, would you guys consider this cheating since then you have such a huge selection of players to pick from. Reason i'm asking because i started a new game with Dorchester Town in Blue Square South and loaded all players from Poland. I was able to pretty much sign 7 or 8 polish players that were way better then what i had on my team currently. Feels kinda cheap but i want to get some other opinions from members on the forums.

Of course it's not. You simply load as many players as your computer can facilitate. You shouldn't then feel like you are cheating for signing said players, as all of the other AI controlled teams have an equal oppourtunity to sign them.

Definately not cheating, if it was why would it give the option to load all players from a specific country? :rolleyes:

These kind of threads are getting pretty boring btw, there's been a couple now.

why do everyone think they are cheating all of a sudden???

no you are not cheating by loading players i would every player in the game if me laptop could handle it

since it can't :( ha i just load players from nations i want instead

If you load load players from other countries when you start a new game, would you guys consider this cheating since then you have such a huge selection of players to pick from. Reason i'm asking because i started a new game with Dorchester Town in Blue Square South and loaded all players from Poland. I was able to pretty much sign 7 or 8 polish players that were way better then what i had on my team currently. Feels kinda cheap but i want to get some other opinions from members on the forums.

IMO

Not cheating to load other nations but how did you find the players??

Can you scout Poland with Dorchester?

This is where its gone unrealistic, stick to using your scouts and you won't have a problem.

IMO no. But then again im also doing it. I always load the slovenian league and try to bring some of the players that i feelwould be better than the league standard. Of course you have no idea how the researchers rated them so i usually offer them a trial first.

Its funny how in lower leagues my team is full of slovenians and then when i get to the premier league it gets full of brazilians.

I'm sorry but who cares? :)

I mean, it's your game so it's up to you.

Is buying a player that you've bought before and thus know will become good cheating? :)

I don't think it is cheating,

you are loading a database not editing players so that they support Dorchester. If you think about what you are doing in real life, you are taking time away from your club training ground and jetting to Poland to watch players kicking the ball about a bit, and then offering them wages of "Dorchester-ian" proportions, which they are lapping up because lets face it, Dorchester is the place to be for a polish footballer!

What IS cheating is the fact that a human manager can do this, view players from other nations and attend any game on the (loaded) planet without any penalty on the club they are managing, whether that is the neglect of the training pitch or the ignorance of pre-match prep. However, isn't this offset by the total lack of being able to actually watch a training sesh, or having stats to influence player development like AI managers?

Your problem is you probably have attribute masking off (either that or you're using additional scouting tools.) If you have attribute masking on you might have every player in the whole database loaded but you wouldn't be finding these bargains from Poland simply because you can't scout them to see how good they are. So if signing 8 cheap Polish players for Dorchester feels wrong then make it harder (more realistically so) to spot them in the first place. Either way, it's your own game and you should play it the way you enjoy it most.

Archived