cheating. what counts?

there are a number of ways that you can play the game to suit your needs and many could be considered unrealistic.

1. when a player you want is having to decide between you and other clubs i have been known to offer him way above what he wants so he will accept me......when he accepts i withdraw bid and attempt to buy again, this time hopefully nobody else tries to buy him and he will come to me on an acceptable wage. when you want a player you know would be a massive coup i can't resist doing this and i convince myself that in real life you could kind of do this. i think for next years game they should put a stop to my cheating by making it so that if you offer repeated bids the player becomes no longer interested in signing for you, this would put an end to my unethical gaming.

do you guys consider this cheating? i do and i'm guilty

2. downloading tactics. i have always found the tactical side of the game hard to master and would play a fairly bog standard formation and do badly despite having a good team. in my valenciennes save i signed pjanic, suarez, anderson, defour, hernanes, caceres, neymar and more but could never get above 7th/8th

with a recent dortmund save i was doing appallingly facing the sack and then i downloaded some tactics. needless to say within 4 seasons i had won the german league 3 times in a row, 2 german cups and got to the champions league semi's and quarters (once beating real madrid 7-0). i had hulk score 49 league goals.

i obviously enjoyed this but a mate at uni calls me a cheat, i think he is probably right given that i am using someone else's tried and tested method when my own seems to fail.

do you guys consider this cheating? now i have the tactics i can't possibly think to use any others.

3. on fm10 you can buy players over 48 months with no real loss to the transfer budget. i'm now with nacional da madeira. in first transfer budget i spent £25m and bought neymar for £20m coming next summer. this is of course financial suicide that an unknown manager would never be able to do.

i have been tempted by the darkside.....am i the worlds worst person?

Ooh I'm no reading this. BUT as long as you own the game there's not a single person that can tell you how to play it. It's your money, it's your time, it's your fun and coming here for some random guy to tell you "oooh noo you are cheating you are a bad man that's not how this game is played" won't change that.

When FM11 is out, I'll get it come here and save-reload 11519705 times in front of everyone's eyes and scream - HA HA HA

:D

Ooh I'm no reading this. BUT as long as you own the game there's not a single person that can tell you how to play it. It's your money, it's your time, it's your fun and coming here for some random guy to tell you "oooh noo you are cheating you are a bad man that's not how this game is played" won't change that.

When FM11 is out, I'll get it come here and save-reload 11519705 times in front of everyone's eyes and scream - HA HA HA

:D

Fair point mate. If people buy the game(I know a lot dont) they should be able to do what they like with it

Of course. Games are meant to be fun, you pay to be entertained - you don't pay to suffer strokes and kick the $hit of your computer because a buggy game gets on your nerves or you didn't go into extra-ultra-nerd-detail level of mastering it.

In the end of the day what matters is - were the playing hours worth it, was I entertained, do I feel great now and feel like playing again? - this. No matter if you cheated or not - if you the answer to these questions is yes you are a happy camper.

If you have the time (most of us have jobs though), the nerves, the masochistic and challenge-loving nature as well as a few million nerve-cells to sacrifice then go HARDCORE and abuse yourself :D

Me? Personally I want to have fun and I'd cheat if I want to and know it would save me nerves and spoil my pleasure of playing the game. I just won't come here and brag about my success :D

Personally, I don't think I could ever use someone else's tactics. Since tactics play a large part in success in the game, I'd feel that part of my success was down to someone else. It would feel rather hollow winning things.

Still, it's not cheating, it's just not something I would consider doing.

As stated above by numerous people, it's your game and only you can decide how to play. If i was relating the above questions in the opening post for me personally:

1. Yes i'd find this cheating. This doesn't happen IRL. Clubs competing against each other to buy a sought after player is part and parcel of modern football.

2. No. Using someone elses tactic/strategy i wouldn't see as cheating. Again IRL, clubs will often attempt to use or base tactics on other clubs. In my opinion Arsenal are currently trying to put a strategy into place similar to that of Barcelona.

3. No (To an extent). Example i give is my beloved Leeds United. We spent ridiculous money that we didn't have. Look where we have ended up. Maybe this would be unreal for an unknown manager to do this but for a professional/ex international this could and has happened.

As already said, you paid for it, play it how you want. I think the only time people have a problem with how others play is when a game has multiplayer.

In my opinion, what counts as cheating: Anything that could not and/or would not happen in real life.

For example: Making a huge offer, and then withdrawing it to make a cheaper bid. This is only possible because of poor AI. Any real-life player would be able to put two and two together.

Also, downloading tactics. This luxury doesn't exist in real life. There are no convenient little tactical packages that any manager can download, and plug into his team. Yes, they can take ideas and philosophies from other managers... but that doesn't include downloading a pre-fab tactics package from someone who has perfected the tactics with the possibility of repeated "do over" testing.

But of course, that's only how I view cheating. If you have to do certain things to have fun, then go ahead and do them.

As stated above by numerous people, it's your game and only you can decide how to play. If i was relating the above questions in the opening post for me personally:

1. Yes i'd find this cheating. This doesn't happen IRL. Clubs competing against each other to buy a sought after player is part and parcel of modern football.

2. No. Using someone elses tactic/strategy i wouldn't see as cheating. Again IRL, clubs will often attempt to use or base tactics on other clubs. In my opinion Arsenal are currently trying to put a strategy into place similar to that of Barcelona.

3. No (To an extent). Example i give is my beloved Leeds United. We spent ridiculous money that we didn't have. Look where we have ended up. Maybe this would be unreal for an unknown manager to do this but for a professional/ex international this could and has happened.

i will comment on number 1 because i don't like it when people generalize their country's league and call it real life! real incident in Greece many years ago: we offer a large contract to a player. he accepts. we cancel and our rivals offer him a lower contract. he agrees. weeet him at the airport before our rivals do and take him to our offices by saying that we made a mistake. result? our rivals waited for hours at the airport and we signed him with lower contract ;)

why, cant u play with mourinho's exact tactics in real life? totally applicable. everyone copies the other

In my opinion, what counts as cheating: Anything that could not and/or would not happen in real life.

For example: Making a huge offer, and then withdrawing it to make a cheaper bid. This is only possible because of poor AI. Any real-life player would be able to put two and two together.

Also, downloading tactics. This luxury doesn't exist in real life. There are no convenient little tactical packages that any manager can download, and plug into his team. Yes, they can take ideas and philosophies from other managers... but that doesn't include downloading a pre-fab tactics package from someone who has perfected the tactics with the possibility of repeated "do over" testing.

But of course, that's only how I view cheating. If you have to do certain things to have fun, then go ahead and do them.

it is what we would like real life to be. i remember more than 12 years ago there was a greek manager game called ' become a president' or something. there among other interestin stuff u could buy out referees and raise your finances by betting ;)

I think downloading tactics is not such a big deal in FM2010 as it maybe was prior to CM4. The tactics downloaded now still have to be tweaked, and I have yet to find a tactic that truly dominates against all other tactics at all levels.

Downloading a few proven tactics has actuallyhelped me immensely in learning how to do smaller tweaks and changes to get the most out of my players.

whoever says that downloading tactics is cheating, then shows how little he knows of this game. I spent hours and made perfect tactics for my AEK's game. I was playing better than Real Madrid and Barca with those tactics. I used them for my Hull's save and it was disastrous. What is someone's garbage may be someone else's treasure

Personally, I don't think I could ever use someone else's tactics. Since tactics play a large part in success in the game.

same here iv used my own tactic which has never changed through the series of FM, Same with peoples training schedules.

none of these things come close to what i call cheating. There was a time when i would start a game, start with my club and then take over Man U, Chelsea, Real Madrid and any others with huge transfer budgets and buy the players in my actual team's reserve squad for extortionate prices leaving my club with the combined wealth of all of the richest clubs in Europe. I would also do this when i was unable to beat a tough team: take over the opponent for one game and apply crazy tactics in order to win 9-0.

These, i think you'll agree, are examples of cheating...

nah i dont think so mate, cheating is by adding a new manager as Man City and buying one of your rubbish players for £100 million.

i done this in my early days of playing with my first one i got Championship Manager 03/04, i was 11 what else would i have done when i was struggling!

Archived