Off-Side: Still a problem in the game?

Am I wrong or FM 2010 still has bad coding for off-side?...

This happens with me quite often: my striker shoots long distance, the goalkeeper deflects the ball down right in front of him, my second striker takes advantage and scores. "But the goal won't count". WHAT?!?!...

It shouldn't be too difficult for SI programmers to have fixed this absurdity in a prior game edition. Why is that?...

Agreed. But the situation I describe above just does not exist in real life. (Moreover, FM does not feature physical altercations between players which unfortunately is another very real life situation...). Therefore, I still believe that SI programmers should have made a better effort to code such real life mistakes more realistically...

Agreed. But the situation I describe above just does not exist in real life. (Moreover, FM does not feature physical altercations between players which unfortunately is another very real life situation...). Therefore, I still believe that SI programmers should have made a better effort to code such real life mistakes more realistically...

Understand your frustrations, but as I see it every year the game is getting better and better, certain areas may lack a little realism but not everyone can be satisfied all the time.

Frustrations happen in real life to. If you think these offside goals which should stand happen a lot in your game, try the following:

- upload screen shots (so we can see the goals)

- upload videos (so we can see the goals)

- post it on the bugs forum

This happens with me quite often: my striker shoots long distance, the goalkeeper deflects the ball down right in front of him, my second striker takes advantage and scores. "But the goal won't count". WHAT?!?!...

It shouldn't be too difficult for SI programmers to have fixed this absurdity in a prior game edition. Why is that?...

So the second striker was offside when the shot was taken?

If so I don't see the problem.

If your second srtirker was in an offside position at the first shot, he becomes active as soon as it rebounds from the keeper and would correctly be given offside. Would need to see the screenshot though

The situation you described is an offside though.

A-League Grand final, Melbourne had a goal chalked off in this fashion. Sydney promptly scored down the other end whilst they were confused about what happened.

i am also still seeing stupid offside calls in pretty much every game. In my last game walcott was given offside even though another of my players had just taken a shot that went flying over the bar; ie it wasn't a pass, was nowehere near walcott, and he was in no way involved in the play.

I'm also still seeing countless offsides when players do not get back into onside positions after corners

I'm also still seeing countless offsides when players do not get back into onside positions after corners

Why don't you tell the players being caught offside to go to different positions on corner kicks then? Or give them the extra training to avoid offside traps?

It could be quite possible that they don't have the mentality to get back onside after a corner kick. Or you could instruct your corner taker to do a different type of corner.

I'd say it's mostly down your tactic. As this never really happens to me.

well its normally the corner taker that gets called offside when the ball is passed back to him after it has been cleared from the corner by the opposition. I don't think there is any way to fix this with my tactics, but if you can tell me where the "get your lazy ass back onside" tick box is, then i'd be eternally greatful. The other issue is that offsides are regularly incorrectly called against players who are passive.

Archived