Stage Fright?

I've managed to get my Millwall team (as usual) up to the premiership and they are doing pretty well. The average age is 22 with players who are going to be world class.

The thing is they always seem to play very bad every time it is televised. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just coincidence, or are my youngsters not enjoying being on TV? OKay, they are a pretty ugly bunch but surely they shouldn't let sky get to them so much.

Honestly, I think its just a coincidence....

Are your televised matches against the top teams in the league? If so, that may be the case...

And if it aint a coincidence....im sorry mate....maybe try and calm their nerves with a nice team talk

I noticed the same thing early on in my Newcastle save with my young squad and posted as much.

I do think TV cameras make a difference to the match and as young players tend to have less ability to handle pressure, they will play worse when the spot light is on them.

I've noticed this happen in real life, and in all fairness there is more pressure on players when its televised.

Televised games can be a bit of a stumbling point for some players. Swindon always seem to screw up when they're on tele.

Archived