Will we ever see proper negotiations?

I'm glad agents aren't a part of the game, they would add nothing to it. They can be necessary irl as players might need someone else to negotiate their deals whilst they concentrate on their football but agents are irrelevant in fm and should be lefy out.

excuse me but actually agents are dealing with the negotiations of the transfers of their players. That is why if you make a too good offer, then the board takes the stand and accepts it instead of the agent. It is just that WE (managers) have their role. but it is actually the same

yeah what vangelis said...agents are part of the game already

when you get an offer accepted, the agents are the ones telling us, the manager, the demands of their clients, the players we are bidding for.

If you scout the player your scout will asses the wage demands of the player as well. You can find the info in the scout report. It is usually lower than what the agent demands.

I would like to see proper negotiations in the game and I would start with teaching it the rules of haggling. I bid for a young player who was justed awarded golden shoe at U20 WC. I startes with a bid of roughly double is value, the offer is then countered with their valuation. I then knock 50% off and sumbit this, the counter offer comes back and is now is higher than the previous one?

As a last attempt I take all the clauses and offer a straight cash sum which is a lot lower than the bid with the clauses. The response comes back 'the board have accepted the offer as they feel it is too good to turn down'

Please can someone explain this.

I would like to see proper negotiations in the game and I would start with teaching it the rules of haggling. I bid for a young player who was justed awarded golden shoe at U20 WC. I startes with a bid of roughly double is value, the offer is then countered with their valuation. I then knock 50% off and sumbit this, the counter offer comes back and is now is higher than the previous one?

As a last attempt I take all the clauses and offer a straight cash sum which is a lot lower than the bid with the clauses. The response comes back 'the board have accepted the offer as they feel it is too good to turn down'

Please can someone explain this.

The reason they would accept up front bid is because they are getting more money initally and so they can do more, as in strengthening the team, instead of having to wait up to 2 years to see all the money for said transfer to come in.

If your a small club and another one makes a bid for your talented youngster, which bid would you rather accept: one for 20 million up front or one for 5 million up front and 15 over 48 months?

Human nature would be to take the lump sum because you can do more now rather than later.

Its an economics issue....

The reason they would accept up front bid is because they are getting more money initally and so they can do more, as in strengthening the team, instead of having to wait up to 2 years to see all the money for said transfer to come in.

If your a small club and another one makes a bid for your talented youngster, which bid would you rather accept: one for 20 million up front or one for 5 million up front and 15 over 48 months?

Human nature would be to take the lump sum because you can do more now rather than later.

Its an economics issue....

But my original offer was £7.5m upfront, £5m over 48months + 40% of furture profit. Not accepted.

Eventually offer - £9m upfront only and my arm gets ripped off.

Please bear in mind this a player who has just won the top player award at U20 WC. Which offer looks the best?

Archived