Can't Get my Edited Database into game??

I edited the database a little bit, and I'm just wondering how to get it in the game. I saved the database, and when I start the game, all I have is the option for the 10.2 and 10.3 databases with no ability to add a database?

Where did you save it to?

You need to save it to the same place as the other databases and it will then appear in the list when you start a game.

Where did you save it to?

You need to save it to the same place as the other databases and it will then appear in the list when you start a game.

where are the other databases, i've checked and can't find them. I have the game through steam.

Maybe you don't I've found this in the FAQ in the editors hideaway forum, hope it helps.

How do I load my file into my game inside FM?

When clicking 'New Game' inside FM, you will get a dialog box appear called Choose Database. Notice in this box it will have section saying Editor Data Files and a 'Change' tick button. Clicking this button will allow you to select which of your files to load into your game.

Where Should I save files to?

Whether you have created the files yourself or downloaded them they need to be placed in the following locations for them to be loaded into the game.

PC – My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

MAC – Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

Don't overwrite the config.xml file! Instead, you should give your file an original name of your own choice.

Following the 10.2 patch, a new option was included in the editor to compress the editor data files, saving them as a smaller *.dbc file instead of the *.xml. These can be loaded by FM10 without any decompression.

Archived