Corner Exploit in real life!

I'm sorry Man Utd fans, I'm a lifelong Bayern fan, and I still remember the 99 final, so unless the same happens to you on such a big stage in such manner, then we are still not even. But anyway the reason I posted this is that the corner exploit is all I could think about when I saw the goal. I guess FM controls my life too much.

Not even! I'm an Arsenal fan but this is my attempt at sticking up for Man U.

It's not about getting even. It's the fact that your team switched off and Fergie masterminded a comeback. You have to play football until the final whistle I'm afraid, and bayern didn't do that so lost. It won't happen to Man U, because they are professional enough to realise this. And on top of all that you are immature enough to come onto the wrong forum to rub it in. Pathetic:rolleyes:

I think some people are taking this thread too seriously. I'm sure OP intended it to be a light-hearted joke, like these:

Pep really got Messi's player instructions right in that 4-1 thrashing of Arsenal

Everton really got complacent in that 2-2 draw with West Ham. Moyes should have read Wolfsong's team talk guide!

Sunderland got 3 penalties against Tottenham in their 3-1 win over them? Jeez, Redknapp should reduce their tackling to normal, or even easy!

They're FM jokes; get over it.

I personally took it light heartedly until his last post which practically admitted it was just rubbing peoples noses in it. If he did that in the correct place, fair enough. But to start a whole new thread in the wrong forum about it is just petulant, I think:thup:

One, I see the OP as a funny connection to FM. Two, Man United fans have no more or less right to personally grieve a loss and be the subject of ridicule as the rest of us do. All popular teams are the subject of ridicule at some point and if the punchline of the original joke were with a different team, it would have offended a different set of fans. Finally, the whole notion of the corner "exploit" on FM seems kind of 'shot trhough' now that we have such 'high stage' real-world evidence...

I personally took it light heartedly until his last post which practically admitted it was just rubbing peoples noses in it. If he did that in the correct place, fair enough. But to start a whole new thread in the wrong forum about it is just petulant, I think:thup:

No, I wasn't rubbing it in. I meant that it's not that a big deal that Man Utd lost. What they did to us is way bigger than any victory we have against them, because nothing compares to the 99 Final.

And no, I didn't see the Quarterfinal thread, so sorry about that. However I would have still started a new thread because this isn't supposed to analyze the game, simply the fact that it was a corner kick exploit... that's it.

No, I wasn't rubbing it in. I meant that it's not that a big deal that Man Utd lost. What they did to us is way bigger than any victory we have against them, because nothing compares to the 99 Final.

And no, I didn't see the Quarterfinal thread, so sorry about that. However I would have still started a new thread because this isn't supposed to analyze the game, simply the fact that it was a corner kick exploit... that's it.

Well it looked like that to me. Apologies if I misinterpreted it. I should be asleep:o

One, I see the OP as a funny connection to FM. Two, Man United fans have no more or less right to personally grieve a loss and be the subject of ridicule as the rest of us do. All popular teams are the subject of ridicule at some point and if the punchline of the original joke were with a different team, it would have offended a different set of fans. Finally, the whole notion of the corner "exploit" on FM seems kind of 'shot trhough' now that we have such 'high stage' real-world evidence...

This - couldn't give a rat's behind if there are sad little United fans in the forums. These are the same twits who were crowing and not holding back a bit when the Toon were relegated last season. Now they're on the receiving end and we should all suddenly stop the banter and coddle their poor widdle feelings. Absolutely ridiculous, stupid, idiotic, self-centered, hypocritical, and just plain immature. If you're going to dish it out, and United fans do it without restraint, then be prepared to take it when your club get kicked in the shins.

Arrived at a pub with a long-suffering Leeds fan right at kick off, swilling bangers and mash, surrounded by United fans - so fun to be the lone wolves in a sea of red and to see the cockiness turn to disbelief and grief. A great day - live with it, United fans, you're not entitled to any special treatment just because it was rilly-rilly disappointing. Get OVER yourselves.

Archived