Feeder Clubs: How to best explore them?

I usually try and send them to a club they'll get time in (preferably in a league I've loaded that's playing active games); I also try and get feeder clubs with good training facilities, as my regens are going to be there a whole year. I have no idea if that makes a difference, but I do it anyways.

It helps to have feeders in multiple leagues and in multiple "tiers"; a regen might get regular game time in Serie B, but won't crack the lineup in the Bundesliga. I try to work them up through those ranks...the Championship, I've found, develops players the best if they're getting game time.

I find it very useful to send my young talented players to feeder clubs. For instance, in my Ajax save i send the 17-18 year-olds to Haarlem who play a division lower. The slightly older talents, that aren't yet good enough or have players in front of them i send to Zulte Waregem in Belgium. It works great in developing talent. And it's always fun to see your feeder clubs improving, because of the youngsters you send to them.

Archived