I am so angry right now!

So basically, I am managing Brackley, 4 seasons in I am top of the Blue Square Premier, having a great season and a great run in the FA cup, winning away at 2 League 1 sides (Hartlepool and Rushden), and also Bury at home. It's the 4th round I am drawn at home to Championship Leicester and don't give myself too much hope, the original match is postponed meaning I go into the hat for the 5th round, in which the winners are drawn away to Arsenal.

I am 2-1 up with 5 minutes to go when Leicester score a goal that is clearly offside, this doesn't disappoint me too much as I get a good pay day in a replay at Leciester.

Now, it's the replay that has me so angry, I have absolutely dominated this game and amazingly am winning 2-0 with 10 minutes to go, when the ref gives them a very dubious penalty and sends my captain off, long and short we go to pieces and lose the game 3-2. I react angrily in the post match interview, and call the ref all the names under the sun, the FA remain silent over this, I also win my appeal against the red card (I don't think this has ever happened to me before). This decision has cost me a massive payday at Arsenal which could have set me in good stead financially for what will hopefully be a first ever league campaign for Brackley next season.

I know I should be proud of my team and financially it has been great for us, going from £200k in debt to £400k in the black, it just hurts so much now, I feel like it is real and not a game, lol.

Archived