preferred move training

i have a couple of questions on that.

first of all, when they are trained in a preferred move, does it stay when they are trained at another or they can have one at a time?

secondly, if they can have more than one, is there a place where i can see the moves?

thirdly, is it normal that my coaches suggest to train a player for specific moves more than 4-5 times a year? different ones of course

i have a couple of questions on that.

first of all, when they are trained in a preferred move, does it stay when they are trained at another or they can have one at a time?

secondly, if they can have more than one, is there a place where i can see the moves?

thirdly, is it normal that my coaches suggest to train a player for specific moves more than 4-5 times a year? different ones of course

1) Yes it stays, they can have lots.

2) Yes, on the player profile screen, positions tab.

3) Yes, it seems so.

1) the players can learn only one at the time (only by tutoring can they pick up more)

2) yes go to players profile then positions and on the left side of the screen there is a preferred moves section

3) maybe they all agree that you should retrain him :) and it is a very good idea (personally I accept their judgment unless it's stupid, like DC ----> go forward whenever possible, or something like that or MC------> try long shots, when he's long shot stat is 5 or so)

1) Yes it does stay once it's trained, unless you 'untrain' it. A player can have more than one preferred move.

2) Under 'positions' in the player profile. Beneath 'Feet' is a section called 'preferred moves'.

3) I think so, my coaches constantly recommend them. I mostly ignore them.

so i can only take it that the more the better? should i "chase" them all the time to train in different moves?

and what about the fact that i cannot suggest moves to some players? why is that? note: they are nbot learning anything currently

They can't be tutored and learn PPMs at the same time.

It's defiinitely not a case of "the more the merrier" - ask them to learn a PPM if it is of particular benefit to your style of play, not just because your coach tells you, or because you can.

If you have a CM who has lots of pace and dribbling ability, you might want him to run with ball through the middle - surging forward into attacking positions - but if your team system revolves around quick one-touch passes, his running with the ball might mess things up, he might keep running with it instead of letting a better player take possession.

If your striker is finishing all his chances, then you don't need him to learn a PPM, but if he keeps missing one-on-one, you might need him to try something different (rounding the keeper if he's fast and agile, lobbing the keeper if he's got great technique, powering it in if he's technically weak. etc)

Archived