Regens freeze the game! Ways of rectifying the problem?

When I click on a regen to see his attributes the game freezes for 5-10 minutes. It's so annoying and time-consuming that I'm considering to stop playing FM 10. Certainly, I can't be the only one having noticed this? It's a pretty serious technological error since after four or so seasons the game almost becomes unplayable. Are there any ways of solving the problem?

Btw, I'm using the latest patch. SI should really have a look at this.

E: Should probably add that I haven't used FMRTE or FM Scout.

I normally play the game windowed and have noticed that I regularly get a 'Football Manager 2010 (not responding)' in the top left hand corner of the screen and the game freezes but this normally only lasts for a few seconds and rarely longer than that. It is a bit annoying but it doesn't stop the game completely. I am using patch 10.3 but did notice it with the earlier patches as well.

When I click on a regen to see his attributes the game freezes for 5-10 minutes. It's so annoying and time-consuming that I'm considering to stop playing FM 10. Certainly, I can't be the only one having noticed this? It's a pretty serious technological error since after four or so seasons the game almost becomes unplayable. Are there any ways of solving the problem?

Btw, I'm using the latest patch. SI should really have a look at this.

E: Should probably add that I haven't used FMRTE or FM Scout.

Could it be more to do with the performance of your PC than the game? I've never had this problem myself.

It could be a number of reasons. Is it only regens or is it database players as well? What year are you in? What kind of machine are you running?

Only regens. I'm in the first year (2010). My PC is about three years old, but it does meet the requirements. I'm doubtful about the video card however (but in this context it shouldn't matter?).

Could it be more to do with the performance of your PC than the game? I've never had this problem myself.

Possibly. But like I said, apart from the video card, which in this context should be irrelevant, it meets the requirements.

Only regens. I'm in the first year (2010). My PC is about three years old, but it does meet the requirements. I'm doubtful about the video card however (but in this context it shouldn't matter?).

But if your regens are closing the game down, it's probably to do with their facegens (the little photos in the top left corner). First step is to update the drivers for all your equipment. Get the names and the models of all the major parts of your system (e.g. processor, video card and sound card), then google (name of part) driver update, and go to the manufacturer page for it. If that doesn't work then your system is probably at the lower end of the range for the specifications. Your option then is to turn off the facegens, by going FM button>Preferences>Display & Sound>Show Player and Staff Pictures>None. This should allow you to play the game no problem, but without getting the really ugly mugshots from regens.

But if your regens are closing the game down, it's probably to do with their facegens (the little photos in the top left corner). First step is to update the drivers for all your equipment. Get the names and the models of all the major parts of your system (e.g. processor, video card and sound card), then google (name of part) driver update, and go to the manufacturer page for it. If that doesn't work then your system is probably at the lower end of the range for the specifications. Your option then is to turn off the facegens, by going FM button>Preferences>Display & Sound>Show Player and Staff Pictures>None. This should allow you to play the game no problem, but without getting the really ugly mugshots from regens.

It did work! Thank you! I'm going to disable the regen faces anyway since they look pathetic.

Archived