Getting players to accept wage cut

So yeah, as the title says, is there a set way of getting players to accept wage cuts? Ideally from say 60k - 30k but if not a 5k or a 10k reduction is something.

I'm playing as Newcastle and the wages there are unbelievably high for almost universally useless players. I have a feeling their high wages are the reason I cant offload them even when offering for £0, so I want to cut them and then try again.

I'm playing on the 8.0.2 database. If that is the reason I can't offload players or can't cut wages is there any reason for this?

So yeah, as the title says, is there a set way of getting players to accept wage cuts? Ideally from say 60k - 30k but if not a 5k or a 10k reduction is something.

I'm playing as Newcastle and the wages there are unbelievably high for almost universally useless players. I have a feeling their high wages are the reason I cant offload them even when offering for £0, so I want to cut them and then try again.

I'm playing on the 8.0.2 database. If that is the reason I can't offload players or can't cut wages is there any reason for this?

From my experience its almost impossible to get a player to take a wage cut, unless it is voluntarily. There isn't much incentive for a player to do so, tbf.

Yeah I know it is kinda stupid to think a player would agree to a pay cut, but if its stopping me from offloading players (Actually I wouldnt even bother if their wages weren't so high, hence my wanting to cut wages) then I really wish it is possible icon_frown.gif

Sorry for the multiple post but just thought of something that happened on a recent game of mine.

Man U went bust, as is a regular occurance on FM08, and in their top players' "personal" sections they had "Willing to leave in order to to alleviate the club's financial problems" or some such.

I got Christiano Ronaldo and Rooney for £35million combined... and Rooney took a pay cut to join me! (Chelsea BTW). Ronaldo wanted a bit of a hike but I could afford it. Bargain or what?

i can only manage to get players to accept a wage cut if they are a backup player and i offer them a slight wage cut but with key player status. then i change the player's status back to backup after the contract is accepted then keep repeating. it can work for players to cut from 30k to £100!

If they have the club listed as a favoured club or yourself under favoured personnel then they seem more inclined to take lower wages. I haven't managed to save £30k or anything but I've saved several grand by being stingy with the wages.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

Sorry for the multiple post but just thought of something that happened on a recent game of mine.

Man U went bust, as is a regular occurance on FM08, and in their top players' "personal" sections they had "Willing to leave in order to to alleviate the club's financial problems" or some such.

I got Christiano Ronaldo and Rooney for £35million combined... and Rooney took a pay cut to join me! (Chelsea BTW). Ronaldo wanted a bit of a hike but I could afford it. Bargain or what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As IRL, players might be useless, but they're not stupid (or at least, their agents aren't). Why would they accept a pay cut?

There used to be a loophole to do this a couple of FMs back, but it's been closed now. Often the board won't even allow you to terminate the contract of a stubborn, rubbish coach due to the pay-off.

The one exception, mentioned above, is realistic - when the club is in danger of bankruptcy the players may well take a pay cut or leave on the cheap since the alternative could be worse - just ask the poor Gretna staff and players!

Archived