International awards linked to national leagues

This issue may have been addressed in FM10, if so I would like to know, but in case it hasn't:

I've been playing FM09 for a while now and played five seasons with Ajax in the Dutch league. My problem is this: my striker was the best player in the European Champions League, having highest average rating and most MoM awards throughout the whole tournament because I reached the final. He won all of the awards he could win in the competition. Then in the same year followed the World Cup and the same striker became topscorer and also won best player award. Then at the end of the year it's time for the World Footballer of the Year Award, and several other non-competion related international awards. World Footballer of the Year has a nomination shortlist of around 40 players. My striker did not feature in the nominee list, he was not tipped as a possible winner of the award: only players playing in the English, French, Italian, Spanish and German leagues got nominated. This seems wrong. More so because the league standard of the Dutch league increased because of my club performing well in the European competitions. Can this be looked at? In real life a player like that would certainly be considered for the World Footballer of the Year Award, he would at least be nominated.

- There is another issue with the European Topscorer Award: Holland was listed 5th in the European coefficients list but still my striker's goals got multiplied by 1.5 and not 2. The changing of national league standard should have more influence on other aspects of the game. Although in real life it doesn't seem likely, it's not impossible!

Archived