offering players: setting price

Whenever I offer a player out I ask for whatever I would be happy receiving for them, it may turn out that I could have got more but as long as I get the figure I decided on before offering him out then it's hard to be too disappointed.

I mean obviously you could keep reloading until you offer him out for the price that only one club makes an offer for depending on how you play your game, up to you.

Yeah I normally transfer list a player for a few days to generate some interest, then offer the player out for 200% and usually clubs will comeback with a price they think is fair.

Nice to hear peoples thoughts, seems I'm missing out here.

What are peoples thoughts on offering for loans? Nomrally I just ask for 100% wages and let them go to the highest rep team. Assuming I'm primarily after the first team experience, has anyone had luck asking for a fee as well?

Give or take, 200% is good enough, yeah. With older players I won't push my luck with that, though; I'd go with 100% or 150% of value and work my way down for them...but I sold a bunch of players in the summer transfer window (it's still open but I'm not planning on selling anyone else; maybe bring in another one or two if I find youngsters that are good enough) generally by offering them to clubs at 200% of their value + 50% of next sale and interested clubs typically came back with offers somewhere in the region of 175% + the next sale clause :) In one instance there was a player valued at £1.7m so I chanced my arm a bit and asked for £5m + 50% of next sale...I got about half a dozen offers of £4m + 50% of next sale :D

Also consider the salary of the player you want to sell. Particularly when you get a new job, you will find several bad players with incredibly high salaries and very long contracts. Thus, even if you loose a bit on the sale price tag, you will end up saving on the salary budget (which you can then re-adjust accordingly).

Nice to hear peoples thoughts, seems I'm missing out here.

What are peoples thoughts on offering for loans? Nomrally I just ask for 100% wages and let them go to the highest rep team. Assuming I'm primarily after the first team experience, has anyone had luck asking for a fee as well?

Well I usually only loan youngsters and there are occasions when I won't let them go to the highest rep team because they may not be good enough to play for them. It's sorta pointless to loan a kid who ends up sitting on the bench because he can do that at your club.....while he's being tutored.

So generally I look at the teams making loan offers then based on me own judgment and that of my coaches, via their reports, I accept those offers from the best clubs that the potential loanee can potentially start for.

When it comes to loans I usually have a few talents that probably never will be good enough for my first team. I buy them cheap at age 16-18 and I leave them in my team for a year or more untill they are around 19-20. Since I'm a top team with a high rep their value will have gone up a few mill. I then start to offer them out on loan for 100% wage and a loan fee of £500 000 to £1,5 mill.

I do this untill they are about 23-24 years. When they reach that age i have a look at them and see if they have a future in my team. If they are not good enough I sell them, and I usaully get a pretty high sales price because their value will have sky rocketed during their time out on loan.

A typical scenario for me is that I've bought a young player for under £1 mill. When it's time to loan him out his value har gone up so he's worth from £1,5 mill to £3 mill. During his loan years I've gotten around 3-6 mill in loan fees for him. (Depends on how long I've been pimping him)

If I've loaned him to the right clubs he should have played a decent amount of games and done a decent job so his value should have gone up again and when it's time to sell I usually get between 6-10 mill for him.

Mind you that the player in question has to be a big enough of a talent that people are willing to pay to loan him, so this approach would probably only work when you are managing high rep teams.

In my case I've just won my first Premier League title with West Brom in the 21/22 season. Been a top table side since 2015 or something and I've only been doing this for the last 4 seasons but I've allready made a lot of money doing it this way. I've got maybe 4-5 talents that I loan out every season.

Archived