Heart Stopper...

The final game of my 5th season with Norwich and I need to win at home to Villa to unexpectedly win the Premier League, as a draw will see me drop to third on goal difference if Man City and Arsenal both win due to my terrible defensive record (3rd worst in the League.)

Every thing was going to plan, 1-0 up with 90 minutes gone, when I see the Villa goalkeeper sprinting up the pitch for a Villa corner...

The ball is lofted into the box and Cuellar towers above the Canary defense to send a thumping header crashing against the cross bar before Villa keeper Begovic pounces on the rebound with a spectacular diving effort...

begovick.jpg

Fortunately, my keeper saved wonderfully but unfortunately I could not celebrate as I was quickly off to go change my underwear.

Anyone had any similar moments of heartbreak or as Sir Alex Ferguson once put it "squeaky bum time"?

I suppose you could call this a bit of a heart stopper.

I posted this yesterday so no need to write it all out again,basically though i'm in the Semi final of the league cup with spurs v arsenal,1st leg i beat them at the emirates 1-0 to give me the away goal advantage.

Then it all happened in the second leg,arsenal scoring in the 1st half to level on goals,and me having 3 injuries before HT including my keeper (no reserve keeper on the bench either)

So i throw keepers jersey at Huddlestone expected to get thrashed.

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5126267&postcount=811

So i guess having huddlestone in goal for the full second half was heart stopping.

Screenshots in link.

Archived