Players and their Natural Positions

Hi, i was always under the impression that natural positions were given and the most you could hope for in other positions, no matter how long you trained/played them for, is accomplished.

Coaching arsenal, my left back backups were Traore and Gibbs, who were both natural left midfielders or wingers, so i trained them both in defender left even though they were both accomplished there already i thought why not. It's been 2 years now(in game) and gibbs has now become a natural defender left ontop of his previous natural midfielder(left), traore was sold, and now i'm left wondering if it's possible for everyone to eventually become natural at a position they're constantly training and playing in?

alot of players will pick up new natural positions, but only positions that they have the required potential in. if you look in the editor at the players postions you will see that players with an 18 rating in a position could probably reach a 20 if u train them and play them there

i know its not confirmed aa many other things could influence thier match ratings, however i remember my AM who was accomplished as ST (and i played him there) getting better match ratings per season when he become natural in that position.

I would think, or you would assume that someone who is natural will perform better over a long period of time than someone who is not, otherwise being able to re train them would be pointless.

some players actually train themselfs into postions if u keep playing there, happen for me at madrid, marcelo ended up a natural left mid even thou i wasnt training him there because i kept putting him in there as a sub for ribery.

I'd have thought that there would be some link to the hidden adaptability stat.

That, and determination.

I also had it the other way around. I trained an ML to become a DL and he also only played as a DL. Several years later he's a natural DL and on the ML position he went from natural to accomplished.

Archived