1000 years.....

Is it possible to go this far in time like to the year 3000, If so, has anyone done this? I doubt it sadly but it would be awesome if some managed to holiday or something this far. Seeing the differences in the Century :p

Man Utd would most likely be still in the Premier League with Liverpool in the BSS :o

I knew this was gonna happen the moment I saw the thread name. Back on topic you could do it but the processing times would get stupidly long after a while

Yup. I did a long holiday save (primarily to see how the AI will react as things go on) in FM09. Took over 3 days to reach 80 years with the English and Scottish leagues active. It'd probably take somewhere in the region of 5-6 weeks to holiday for 1,000 years.

place your bets because I am a worldwide known pimp that accepts bet in fm forums! lol! just kidding :) . this thread is about (im)possible 1000 years save. Some posts higher, I said i am going to do that. Additionally with my last post I thought I could post ss of the seasons and check the stats. i hope I made it clear!

place your bets because I am a worldwide known pimp that accepts bet in fm forums! lol! just kidding :) . this thread is about (im)possible 1000 years save. Some posts higher, I said i am going to do that. Additionally with my last post I thought I could post ss of the seasons and check the stats. i hope I made it clear!
Yep,made clear :)

furthest ive been in a game so far is around 2024 ish.

still have to try it. I start feeling slightly alienated when the game goes too far into the future (unknown faces, unlikely scores, underdog champions, etc.). Nothing like a realist picture of Ronaldinho smiling at you...

It would be great if you could do it, but:

If every season takes an average of an hour to sim through (which I doubt will be the case anyway especially as you get further in),

then:

* you will be able to do 24 seasons a day,

* which means 168 seasons a week,

* which means it will take you 6 weeks to do it, keeping in mind that,

* that is constant simulationn meaning not turning your computer off for 6 weeks, and not being able to actually play FM in that time

And that is not even taking into account the actual size of the save game file.

in the year 3000 i dont know how can be maybe we are dead(i mean people not me :D) But nobody knows maybe well be in space ship traveling between galaxies or something like that, Well still have Cellphones and that will do everything you want since the alarm of your spaceship till what kind of food your robot will do for you that day :D

Theoretically it is possible to go 1000 years into the game but I very much it doubt it would be anywhere near playable, or indeed if you will still have the inclination to play a computer game at 75 years old :D

Could you imagine actually playing through that many years though, and how long it would take? I manage a season in around 24 hours game time although that is broken up into bits over the week. That is 1000 solid days of playing FM, near enough 3 years all day every day to get there. Or at my pace, 10 years of my life :eek:

Archived