Gateshead, champions league, where? ... and questions.

1. I managed to get Gateshead to the PL with 4 consequitive promotions, now in my first season I am about to secure a CL playoff spot ... but where will I play those games, since my stadium is in no condition to hold champions league games?

2. I`ve been thinking about dropping down the table on purpose to avoid being sacked next season, it has always happened to me the second season due to teams actually taking you seriously and not leaving huge gaps in their defence for fast footballers to exploit. The ones taking points from me are usually the teams in the bottom of the league. The other fact is that I cant renew some of the contracts due to players demanding too much ... so most of the important players will leave.

3. Whats with all the headers going over the bar? ... my tactic has no wingers and no crosses after watching countless of missed headers, got tired of it and fabricated an offensive "through the middle" tactic. The AI seems to suffer from the same problem, so I usually leave the flanks open for crosses. They do score once in a while, but its rare.

4. Does an english manager get access to more english players when starting in the conference than lets say if you are portuguese? ... which I am. My success has been primarily based on portuguese free transfers, I think I had 14 portuguese players at one time since they appeared better than the english ones I could get ... feels a bit like cheating though. Most of them are gone now, but they were a big help.

5. This actually relates to question 1, do clubs which you have taken up from f.ex the conference to the premier league sack you on the first sign of not meeting expectations? or do you still get the sack regardless?

1. I guess you must wait and see :)

2. Are you asking for advice on that?

3. I must admit that in real life most headers go to goal kick ;)

4. feels like cheating signing free transfers??

5. as u know you are the one that sets the expectations. So if you are afraid of that set them a little lower.

1. You'll have to expand the stadium or build a new one.

2. It's up to you.

3. Stupid patch has changed it from too much in to too much over.

4. Yes, because they'll want somewhere where the manager can speak the same language, also you'll have more knowledge of Portuguese players. It's not unrealistic as foreign managers will look to their own country and others they've managed in to sign decent players if they can't get obvious world class ones.

5. Probably not the first sign but prolonged signs maybe.

1. I'm playing a Gateshead save and am following in your footsteps, I can't believe how long it took to upgrade training facilities, they have only started now I'm in the championship, unfortunately it looks as though you will have to be so rich that they buy you a new stadium, which will take a while.

2. If you have absolutely no faith in doing well next season I think tanking would be a good idea, but form rolls on I suppose.

3. As Vangelis said, a lot of headers do go over, but it still is cause for discussion, I for one, don't really have a problem.

4. I'm not too sure on that one, I think that the game does load more players from places that you have knowledge of, so you may get more non-league English players.

5. If you're in the Prem, I would say pick lowest expectations, regardless of how much money you will sacrifice

Hope this helps

1. Quite possibly use Newcastle's stadium for that

2. I wouldn't personally, the extra income from CL will help you replace the players you may lose

3. As TheBag says, the patch changed that

4. Don't feel bad using your links! It paid dividends so waheey

5. You can choose what you want to do, so mid table finish or relegation battle can be chosen if you are still unconfident. But I reckon you'd be alright

If I manage to get a 4th place I wont be able to choose "battle against relegation" next season .... at least I dont think so. What good does it do to get lots of money from the CL if I get sacked for fighting relegation? That money wont come till later on and it wont help me reinforce the squad.

As for the new stadium, the bord took a loan of 30 million euro to build a new 17000 all sitter stadium .... but that will take 2 seasons.

I have tried this so so many times and I know the second season WILL suck, so I am taking a dive in the league table on purpose to be able to choose to fight against relegation next season.

4 seasons? Was this a legitimate game or did you edit things in your favour?

No edits or anything funny, using 10.3 with a 4-1-2-3 formation all the time with no changes. I hate cheating, it would ruin the fun ... so its a no go. I couldnt have done it without the portuguese players though, I got 6 of those first season + 2 very good loans from a parent club.

If I manage to get a 4th place I wont be able to choose "battle against relegation" next season .... at least I dont think so. What good does it do to get lots of money from the CL if I get sacked for fighting relegation? That money wont come till later on and it wont help me reinforce the squad.

As for the new stadium, the bord took a loan of 30 million euro to build a new 17000 all sitter stadium .... but that will take 2 seasons.

I have tried this so so many times and I know the second season WILL suck, so I am taking a dive in the league table on purpose to be able to choose to fight against relegation next season.

I know how you feel on this one.

From numerous previous experiences the board on this game get too carried away with their expectations, especially in the Premier League.

How can the board go from being absolutely delighted with me (from getting to the premiership in 6 seasons from the BSP) and finishing 12th when they expected me to get relegated, then expect another safe mid-table finish and be merely "pleased" with me like i've done something wrong for finishing 11th in my second season? This also includes beating the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City! I should have job security for life!

No edits or anything funny, using 10.3 with a 4-1-2-3 formation all the time with no changes. I hate cheating, it would ruin the fun ... so its a no go. I couldnt have done it without the portuguese players though, I got 6 of those first season + 2 very good loans from a parent club.

Not cheating per se... but FA rules forbid it's members to be a feeder to any club. It's a fault with the game that it allows them.

I'm going to give you a :thup: for getting them to the prem in 4 years. Took me 19 years to get there with Boston Utd.

As for being sacked it really depends on the expectations you set.

Archived