Reputation madness

I took over a BQP side. We didnt spend a penny and got promoted to L2.

Next season, didnt spend a penny, just loans and freebies. Got promoted to L1

In L1, no money spent again, am 8th half way through the season.

1 - why am I still "regional". I have worked wonders

2 - why do CCC sides dismiss my interest in their jobs? Shouldnt I be EXACTLY the sort of manager they should be looking at?

I don't want to stay at this club forever.

Reputation takes a long time to build up in FM. Put simply you have no history as a footballer or manager and started of with the reutation of a sunday league manager. You've got promoted twice, but you could just be a flash in the pan and a more sustained run of success is needed. I know it's frustrating, but even IRL I don't think that the CCC would touch a manager who has had two good seasons but other than that is a compelte unknown.

Originally posted by FM Addick:

I took over a BQP side. We didnt spend a penny and got promoted to L2.

Next season, didnt spend a penny, just loans and freebies. Got promoted to L1

In L1, no money spent again, am 8th half way through the season.

1 - why am I still "regional". I have worked wonders

2 - why do CCC sides dismiss my interest in their jobs? Shouldnt I be EXACTLY the sort of manager they should be looking at?

I don't want to stay at this club forever.

You seem to be putting a lot on emphasis on "not spending a penny", but I doubt potential employers would take this into account.

Being promoted as Champions would certainly help - as this goes down as a league title.

I finished champions with Workington, and promoted with Lewes through play-offs (both from Blue Sq N/S) and was offered the Bari job when I went on holiday (applying for all jobs in my absence). This is having started at Automatic.

Originally posted by GazTheDoood:

It does take time to build a reputation.

But after one good job, your reputation will be built for the rest of the game.

Couldn't be more true - I won a Spanish First Division title with Seville (which surprised even myself). Now I'm sorted for my career. Get offered all the top jobs, yet I'm still in mid-table Coca-Cola Championship.

I'm afraid my career is 'too' sorted...After winning so many trophies at Barca, no other clubs would consider me for their new manager as I am too good...

But the only jobs i would seriously consider are the Man Utd job, Spain, Inter Milan and Tottenham.

Similar to Mattg787, my history reads 8 titles and 11 cups, including 2 CL's, but i'm still continental rep as well.

I think they toned it down a lot for 8.0.2, as on a previous save (8.0.1) I won the CL in my second season and immediately obtained a World Class rep.

I'm not sure they have toned it down. On 8.0.2. i was PSV in Holland:

First Season - Got the job halfway through the season when they were 5th. Won the league, quarter's of Champions League (CL) and early cup exit.

Second Season - 2nd in league, early cup exit, won super cup and got to first knockout of CL.

Third Season - 6th in league (I know it was bad), early cup exit, first knockout of CL.

Fourth Season - Am currently top by 10pts with 11 games left, out of cup and went out in group stages of UEFA Cup.

Now to me this isn't a good record as I have struggled with the best team in the country, yet my reputation is World Class and I am being made favourite for all the top jobs (although no actual offers). Seems like I got the World Class rep too easily.

by any chance did you gain promotion via the playoffs? in one game i took a side from serie c2 to serie b with two playoff victories, yet at the end of it had a worse reputation than most serie c2 managers, and was losing out when applying for jobs to managers who'd done nothing but get serie c teams relegated

i concluded that the game doesn't properly register playoff wins, and thus in the game's eyes i hadn't actually achieved anything

It's not just CCC clubs though. Leeds and Cardiff are in the same league as me, both are close to sacking their managers, yet I am not even being mentioned

I should at least be in the running. I hope this aspect of the game is more realistic in FM09. Am happy with most aspects of the game, other than this and regens.

Originally posted by mattg787:

Hi

I have been at Newcastle for neraly 10 years

Just Look at this

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh9/matthewgoodfield/Picture1.png

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh9/matthewgoodfield/Picture2.png

And I am condintental ????

You've only won the champions League once. Probably need a couple more for your reputation to increase.

Archived