Does favoured personnel mean anything?

I was Zaragoza manager for four seasons, I signed Christian Zapata in my first season and he led me to my first La Liga title, he had my captains armband and we kept more clean sheets than not.

I was offered the Man City job and, because they were struggling in tenth place i decided to take it and try and turn their fortunes around.

I needed a new CB so checked Zapata, i was his favoured personnel, so made an offer, Zaragoza accepted and i offered Zapata more than his agent asked for, but he still signed for Roma.

Surely, if I was his favourite manager he would want to work with me again!!!

I was Zaragoza manager for four seasons, I signed Christian Zapata in my first season and he led me to my first La Liga title, he had my captains armband and we kept more clean sheets than not.

I was offered the Man City job and, because they were struggling in tenth place i decided to take it and try and turn their fortunes around.

I needed a new CB so checked Zapata, i was his favoured personnel, so made an offer, Zaragoza accepted and i offered Zapata more than his agent asked for, but he still signed for Roma.

Surely, if I was his favourite manager he would want to work with me again!!!

Yes, but not necesarily. Maybe Roma offered him much better contract or he sees his futur over there. He already played in Italy sso he knows how everything goes over there etc etc.

Favoured personnel is always overruled by money.

Sadly it's true, although it'd be nice to see players a little more willing to move to favored managers in this case, not like it happens too often in game though.

@mahony, perhaps Roma wanted him as a key player, too. I've noticed that playing time is often a little more important than small differences in offered wages.

I wanted him as a key player too, the day after I took the Man City job, Cheilinni broke his leg and Toure was already out with knee ligament dammage so i needed a commanding centre back, anybody got any recommendations???

I wanted him as a key player too, the day after I took the Man City job, Cheilinni broke his leg and Toure was already out with knee ligament dammage so i needed a commanding centre back, anybody got any recommendations???

jonny evans or kjaer

Archived