International Call Up "favourites"

I'm in 2016 with Sheff Wed, doing well. I've finished 5th 3 times, and 7th in my last season still qualifying for europe through my loss in the league cup final (lost against Villa).

What i was wondering is how you get a player to get into their international squad? James Vaughan, Jack Wilshire, John Bostock, Stephen Taylor and Nathan Delfouneso are some of my star players and seem to come in the "Premier Team of the Season", however never get call ups? Vaughan came 2nd in "World Striker of the Year", and also in another season came 3rd top goal scorer with 29 goals, just behind Tevez and someone else both on 30.

I don't understand! I was England U21's manager for 2 world cups, and won both times. This let me see how certain young players play, and who could adapt into my own squad however when they became 21, they never got picked up by the england manager (now stuart pearce) even though they're on top form? :confused: :confused:

p.s. also does anyone know how to post screenshots of my team?

IV. How do I Post a Screenshot?

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Or

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager after Football Manager 2008 is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager __\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

There you go buddy

I think AI international managers pick their squads on CA, For example, Ben Foster is my reserve keeper, behind Akinfeev and Van Der Sar, yet he's still England's number one GK, because (I assume, I don't use FM Scout) he has the highest CA of all the English Goalkeepers.

CA and reputation both have an effect, I think.

Your player's reputation is probably not that high because you don't play Champion's league football, so players from the bigger clubs are getting in ahead of them. Think of how Kevin Phillips never picked up many caps even though he banged in a ton of goals for a really bad side - which should, logically, actually be MORE impressive than scoring for top sides, but which never got him that much recognition.

More recently - notice how people still desperately clamoured for Owen's return to the national squad, because of his reputation, but no one's screaming for Darren Bent's consistent >15 scoring record to earn him a recall. (He's got 22 this season, so says wiki)

That said, if you're a UEFA cup level team, they really should be in with a shout. When England are playing an easy friendly, the AI will probably throw out a few experimental first caps, and after that they may break into the proper international set-up.

Archived