fending off bigger clubs??

Hello everybody, it's my first time posting on these forums so i apologise if this isn't the right board.

I am currently managing Zaragoza in 2012, I just managed to break up 'El Clasico' and I am about to start a new season in the Champions League, but my players are constantly linked with bigger teams.

I have re-newed all their contracts and I keep pricing the clubs out with massive asking prices, but I am afraid my players will start becoming unhappy, is there anything else that i can do?

Thank you in advance for any help!!:)

Its sounds as if you have done what can be done (overprice them, new contracts etc.). If theres a young player you desperately wanna keep, whos on a long term contract, you could also do this; loan him out, or put him in the reserve-team. It will cool off the interest for some time, at the expense of maybe seeing him become unhappy because he doesnt play regularly. But, if you have him on a long contract, and have prospects of rising in reputation, it could work well. Get him into the first team again next season, and see what happens then. Mind you, I just lost a world-class 20 yo midfielder to ManCity because I didnt play him when he was 19. I was so gutted, he even got a regular spot at the national side at the age of 20, but there was no way I was gonna keep him and he had only 1 year remaining on his contract.

thanks guys, my main concern is losing Zapata at CB, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Inter are all after him, and also I have Moussa Sissoko AMC and 15 teams are showing an interest in him, it looks like it's going to be a fight, thanks for your advice!

Archived