Is FM10 Dirty?

Playing as Inter and despite my tackling set to 'easy' and having world class players i constantly have players sent off, mostly for 2 yellows. I average 4-5 yellow cards every game so why is this? Is it the game, is it playing in Italy?

It's so frustrating seeing players already on a yellows (with low aggression and high professionalism) lunging into tackles when we are comfortabling winning and getting themselves sent off

On my FM09 save which i've played till 2027 I've never had anything like this.

Oh while i'm at it does anyone else experience a 'freeze/pause' when clicking continue? I'd say at least 5 out of 10 times when i click continue there is a 3 second freeze/pause before the game actually continues. I've got FM09 on the same PC on the same HD with no such problems. I'm on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, 3GHz dual core, 6GB RAM and an 8800GT GFX card.

Playing as Inter and despite my tackling set to 'easy' and having world class players i constantly have players sent off, mostly for 2 yellows. I average 4-5 yellow cards every game so why is this? Is it the game, is it playing in Italy?

It's so frustrating seeing players already on a yellows (with low aggression and high professionalism) lunging into tackles when we are comfortabling winning and getting themselves sent off

On my FM09 save which i've played till 2027 I've never had anything like this.

Are you using "ask assistant" ? because he sometimes instructs to "go in hard" on certain players.

Just a thought.

Oh while i'm at it does anyone else experience a 'freeze/pause' when clicking continue? I'd say at least 5 out of 10 times when i click continue there is a 3 second freeze/pause before the game actually continues. I've got FM09 on the same PC on the same HD with no such problems. I'm on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, 3GHz dual core, 6GB RAM and an 8800GT GFX card.

This has been stated earlier from SI that it's just a graphical issue. The games starts processing the data at once when you click continue, it's just that it doesn't show the processing screen until a few seconds later. It's totally normal and the way it was intended to be, don't worry.

Are you using "ask assistant" ? because he sometimes instructs to "go in hard" on certain players.

Just a thought.

Yes i am actually. Just clicked "ask assistant" before a match and had a look what he's asking our players to do and all he has asked my team to do is go in hard on everyone! Is that the extent of his tactical advice?! Cheers for this, so obvious really :) yet another feature that doesn't work properly!

This has been stated earlier from SI that it's just a graphical issue. The games starts processing the data at once when you click continue, it's just that it doesn't show the processing screen until a few seconds later. It's totally normal and the way it was intended to be, don't worry.

Cheers for this too, sounds like nonsense from SI Games tbh, but glad it's not just me as it's a tad irritating.

Lol, I'll have to look out for that in future, but im usually delighted when my players get stuck in and get sent off.

That probably says alot more about me than anything else though :D

i prefer a '' let em know your there '' Philosophy.

Hmmm, no longer asking my assistant but still getting 5 yellows a game on easy tackling. I don't really like this game, the match engine just doesn't feel right..not balanced. The only thing FM10 has over FM09 for me is the match engine graphics are more advanced but FM09 i feel is far superior.

I wouldn't give up on "ask the ass man" altogether,like fratz said it might be down to your players aggression and dirtiness.

Well i might leave Inter at the end of the season anyway as it's far too easy (I know i'm the best team in the league) even with the almost constant suspensions i'm 21 points clear with 8 games to play. Might try and find myself a less 'dirty' team!

I think the sending off is more to do with either the Italian league or the specific players. I've played 10 seasons with the entire team set to Hard tackling in England and I probably only average 1-2 reds per season. I do get a fair number of yellows, including one guy who gets pretty much one every game - just be sure not to train them with 'dives into tackles' PPM regardless of what your assistant suggests.

I ask assman every game (then edit what he suggests), and sit near the bottom of the discipline table. It is quite a bit about having low dirtiness, good sportsmanship, moderate aggression (too low can be quite bad in another way...), good tackling, and good decisions. I also listen to assman at halftime...if he says to take a step back to reduce the fouls, I do.

Paying attention to card-happy refs is important. If the ref averages close to 4 cards a game, I'll take all the Hards off that the assman puts on. 4.5 cards a game sees me go Cautious in the team basic tacitcs.

Also, I firmly believe (though others disagree) that one's captain can have a decent influance on how disciplined one's squad is. If the armband is turning yellow, so will the rest of the squad.

You need to discipline your players too, like start with a warning and then fine with 1 or 2 week salaries. You may also want to train them to stand on their feet while tackling. But if you don't discipline them, it sets a bad example, and the problem only gets worse.

Archived