strange real madrid transfers

in my game, real madrid had some strange transfer in their first season.

first of all they bought (old) ronaldo for 11,25M

then they bought frederik stenman of fc groningen for 2,8M

and in the winter they bought diego castro from gijon, which is a decent player but already 27 years old. and they bought him for 25M

why would a club like real madrid even consider these transfers?

Because they have lots of money to throw about, and computers buy seemingly based entirely on performances. If a player if performing well, for example they have a goal spree even if they aren't that good, much better clubs than they merit may come in for them. Thats something that happens in real life as well, so somewhat realistic. You'll notice over time all the big clubs make stupid transfers until eventually they have degraded themselves to non big club status.

I find it isn't just Real, its all AI teams. I find that after 3 or 4 seasons they have one, maybe two decent signings (like Liverpool brought Hazard and Stephan Lichtsteiner) and then all the rest are useless (like Arsenal buying Titus Bramble, Chelsea buying Bellamy etc) and they end up a mid-table team.

Man Utd signed Dawson for £8m from Spurs. Has played twice in two seasons.

Liverpool signed Tommy Smith and Mark Wilson from Portsmouth, neither of them have played.

Bristol City signed Clarke Carlisle from Burnley for £1.5m in the January transfer window and then released him in the summer.

The AI transfers are my biggest moan about the game, and to be honest it's been iffy for the last 2-3 versions.

Man Utd signed Dawson for £8m from Spurs. Has played twice in two seasons.

Liverpool signed Tommy Smith and Mark Wilson from Portsmouth, neither of them have played.

Bristol City signed Clarke Carlisle from Burnley for £1.5m in the January transfer window and then released him in the summer.

The AI transfers are my biggest moan about the game, and to be honest it's been iffy for the last 2-3 versions.

who were managing burnley when this happened

in my game real bought rooney for 83M euro,yoann gourcuff (sp?) for 53M and some promising players like angel di maria and regens...im actually satisfied with real madrids transfers in my game,they are always in top 3 in spain and are regular in champions league playoffs

Archived