Unrealistic that i'm still in the job

I started a career as Barcelona coach and did well in my first year winning the league and the spanish cup. Then in my second year won the champions league although finished 7th. Though it's the third year where i should have got the sack as i finished 7th but did not win a single thing. i'm still in the job in the fourth season but i'm stunned i haven't got the sack which makes me question this a bit

If you had been Madrid Manager then you would not be in a job. I suspect that the Barcelona powers that be are a little more patient.

I can only use the example from my favourite team in that I am gobsmacked that Benitez still is the Liverpool manager. It might have to do with the fact that he is on a new long term contract and they cannot afford to sack him. Probably not the same situation at Barcelona as they will have plenty of cash.

i have often thought this as well i think with a big club if you don't meet the season expectations then you should be sacked. but its not the case when i manage a real m or barca then i want to immerse myself in the pressure of the job. but you just know you would have to do something pretty dramatic to get the sack.. i would like someone from fm to clarify why you don't get sacked when you finish seventh with barca because it ain't realistic

what did you set as seasons expectations in the start of the year???????? If by any chance you set it to title challenge or lower and your difference from the top is pretty close, then it is totally normal that they didn't sack you

what did you set as seasons expectations in the start of the year???????? If by any chance you set it to title challenge or lower and your difference from the top is pretty close, then it is totally normal that they didn't sack you

true i didn't think about that i thought automatically he would have put in title winner

I put title challenge in purely because of the 7th finish the season before. I was languishing in 10th/11th most of the season so I wasn't really anywhere near challenging for first especially as Real won the league with 101 points. Maybe it was first season rep but again realistically that can only last for so long.

How the hell did you manage to finish7th with Barcelona?

Not sure of that myself. Bad work in the transfer market maybe. i'm comfortably 2nd in my 4th season so who knows. Least they kept me on to prove myself i guess.

Archived