substitution scoring...

Guys, I don't know if this is a bug or anything and my aim is NOT to complain (yet). For now I would like to see if any more of you have noticed the same phenomenon. 70% of the times I go to tactics screen a goal is scored! No highlighted text as usual, and a goal is scored by either team. Have you noticed it? thanks

Well, for one thing, I doubt it is 70% of times, or almost every game. You'll subconsciously ignore the examples that don't fit your theory. That's part of being human.

I haven't noticed teams scoring quickly after I go to the tactics screen. Like charlo, I pause beforehand, so nobody ever scores when I'm in there.

But let's examine the probability here regardless: let's say you go to the tactics screen four times a match. You take a total of a minute real time. If you're on "key highlights", that minute will be a large proportion of the "match". As most of the "match" consists of teams nearly scoring or indeed actually scoring, there's a relatively high chance you'll get a goal in this time. Also, I imagine you normally change tactics when you want to find a way of stopping the AI? If you're attempting to solve a problem, but taking your time about it, I imagine the chances of a goal being scored are increased thanks to that problem.

But let's examine the probability here regardless: let's say you go to the tactics screen four times a match. You take a total of a minute real time. If you're on "key highlights", that minute will be a large proportion of the "match". As most of the "match" consists of teams nearly scoring or indeed actually scoring, there's a relatively high chance you'll get a goal in this time. Also, I imagine you normally change tactics when you want to find a way of stopping the AI? If you're attempting to solve a problem, but taking your time about it, I imagine the chances of a goal being scored are increased thanks to that problem.

Nice way of putting it :thup:

The last bit especially is my view on this phenomena. For me, the most common reason for going to the tactics screen is to fix something because I am worried about conceding a goal. Any time taken for me to make changes would be during a period of time when I think I am likely to concede, so I would always pause before doing it as I also watch on key highlights.

1) I noted it down and it happened 8 times in the last 10 games. so yes, this is at around 70% ;)

2) i don't always use highlights view so....

good you mentioned it. I said "either team scores", many times MY team scores like that. it is still annoying though

sorry i meant 8 out 11. it happened 8 out of 10 and i wanted to see if it goes more but it didn't at the last match. anyway, 70% for me is not coincidence but ok. I take it that it doesn't happen to all of you that posted here so it may rally be about me or something. i will keep noting down...

most of the times just commentary

On the fastest speed?

I also watch matches like that, and if I don't pause then making tactical changes can take up relatively large chunks of time, which is not what I want when I'm making crucial changes.

Perhaps it would be worth noting down how much match time has elapsed while you are in the tactics screen, it could explain the goals.

I think the only way around this, and it is obvious, is that you pause the game before making any tactical changes. This issue will then go away.

I agree with dafuge last comment.

It is a bit like saying 'there is always a goal when I look at the league table' when you are looking at the league table for a few minutes every game to see how the current result will change things.

I was a bit superstitious about the scenario above so decided never to look at the league table with a one goal lead due to the number of 1-0 leads I had lost while seeing if my position had changed in the league table.

have you counted how long (in in-game minutes) you spend on the sub screen per match?

3/21 goals means around 1 in 7 goals. If you spend around 13 minutes (13*7=91) on the tactics screen every game, then it's a fairly standard distribution. That's even ignoring the fact that times you need to make a change tend to be times a goal's likely to go in, with injuries, unfit players or the other side having too many chances being the main reasons to go to that screen.

Guys, I don't know if this is a bug or anything and my aim is NOT to complain (yet). For now I would like to see if any more of you have noticed the same phenomenon. 70% of the times I go to tactics screen a goal is scored! No highlighted text as usual, and a goal is scored by either team. Have you noticed it? thanks

Without proof, this thread is of little interest ;)

i spend at aroun 5-10 real life seconds most of the times because i always think before going to subs

I'm more interested in how much of the game time you spend on the sub screen than the real life time...

I get what he is saying. It can be annoying when something big happens as you making tactical changes.

It happens to us all and I am sure that the longer you play, the less it will happen to you.

And if it does continue to happen to you constantly, then you either have incredibly good timing or incredibly bad luck.....or both.

If I were you I would be constantly going to the tactics screen and hope that your team scores more than your opponents do :)

Archived