Steam Achievement - English Hero not working ?

Hey guys

Got Solihull Moors promoted from BSN to the Premiership and I didn't get this achievement. It's not why I chose them, but it would be a nice little bonus for completing the task.

"English Hero

You achieved promotion from the lowest to the highest league in England"

Anyone else had problems with getting it awarded ?

Hey guys

Got Solihull Moors promoted from BSN to the Premiership and I didn't get this achievement. It's not why I chose them, but it would be a nice little bonus for completing the task.

"English Hero

You achieved promotion from the lowest to the highest league in England"

Anyone else had problems with getting it awarded ?

1. Have you always been running that game through Steam?

2. If you can remember, at what point did you take control of Solihull Moors? If you started managing them halfway through a season or after they'd practically secured promotion to the BSP then it probably wouldn't count as you hadn't played out a full season in the BSN

3. Have you started your Premiership season yet? It might wait until you've actually been moved into the Premiership before it gives you the achievement.

All good questions Dalimyr, unfortunately the answers are :

1. Yes

2. From New Game

3. Yes, 3rd season in Prem

I wonder if, for some reason, it considers either BSS, BSP, or CC2 to be the 'lowest league'. It's the only thing I can think of. I know that only 0.2% of users have the achievement so it's fairly hard to actually find someone who has it completed, but I thought here would be my best bet.

My other achievements are working fine.

On reflection, maybe I should have posted this in the Lower League Managers thread. Might try there if I get no joy.

If they pop up then Steam is running. Hit Shift+Tab while in-game to bring up the Steam overlay. I'm running the awesome new beta so you can just click through from there but iirc the old one has a link to game achievements too.

To get the beta version open Steam itself and find the bit in Settings where you can opt into betas - the new Steam UI one will be there.

Archived