I planned to bring BSS club to premiership. Any advice ?

I'm gonna start a new game as manager of Woking. They are the best team compare to all team in BSS and BSN. There are 8 player valued above 10k in woking team while other team only have 1-3.

I planned to take them into straight promotion to League 1 in 3 season. Any advice you wanna give to me ?

Like tactic that suitable when play BSS / BSN , good player, etc

I use the same tactics if playing as Chelsea, Eastwood or a level 11 side Ripley Village. If you need a few players then I can look at my Eastwood buys if that helps.

Pick a good tactic (for me and Bath City a 4-3-3 worked well in 10.2) and go bargain-hunting amongst the free transfers. There are some really good ones out there, that can make a difference.

I usually fill my pre-season calendar with friendlies (a few against high reputation teams and premiership reserves for good income) and then just start taking people on trial.

That could get you through the first season at least.

Scout, trial and scout some more. Seriously, at the lower levels you are best off getting as many player reports as it is humanly possible, you should find it easy enough to assemble a decent squad if you listen to them.

Pick a good tactic (for me and Bath City a 4-3-3 worked well in 10.2) and go bargain-hunting amongst the free transfers. There are some really good ones out there, that can make a difference.

I usually fill my pre-season calendar with friendlies (a few against high reputation teams and premiership reserves for good income) and then just start taking people on trial.

That could get you through the first season at least.

Good advice.

I'm currently in the prem with farsley celtic It took 5 or 6 seasons.

Look at Scottish frees they are most likely to join a lowly side and be worth it. My side had 10 or 11 scots in the squad.

When you get to the championship you will need to get up fairly quickly to the prem or you may come unstuck financially (the wage bill will shoot up at this level)

Watch some U21 matches since you won't be able to scout europe.

Im doing the same with Bromley. Get a good assistant first. Parent club (I got Chelsea Or Arsenal as my options). Frees are your future. Personally i didnt give out long contracts (1 year at a time). Load all players from Ireland and maybe Scotland. Im in the Prem now 8 seasons in and i have a 33 year old Robinho (FREE) And a 34 year old Ribery (FREE) and am currenntly playing against Porto in Euro Cup (And winning)

The best assman money can buy. Load all players from England, Ireland, Scotland, and France, if your system can afford it. Sign freebies, and watch your wages. Scout, scout, scout. Send assman (who's good, remember? Therefore, he has good JPA and JPP...) to check any player you intend to offer for, be it transfer, loan, or freebie. Watch your wages. Pick a squad personality and shun players who don't fit, making sure you watch your wages. Once you have a squad, develop a tactic that fits them, and stick with it (and them), even when you're on a run of bad form, with your wages under control. The guys will grow into it (and each other), eventually.

Did I mention to watch your wages? Coming in under budget is rarely good enough. You need to make a profit...Profit is the way to get the money you'll need later in life, when you're in L2 or L1 and need to expand your stadium. If you don't have enough money to expand your stadium, you'll have a really rough go staying above L1.

Loans are incredibly helpful if you can get the player to agree to join you.

Scout as many released players from Prem/Champ clubs each season as you can be bothered to click on.

Focus on finding a good striker. You'll be able to sign players who will still be banging them in several levels above WITHOUT using player recommendation threads. Most of the players you already have are better than they seem and can do a job if you pick a stable formation.

Oh and one other tip - even with Scotland disabled as a league, there are a fair number of good players released by the 2nd tier clubs who'll join you in BSP/BSS. Sometimes they have to remain unattached for a while before they'll consider it, but they'll last 2 or 3 lvls as you get promoted through the leagues.

I managed BSN to League 1 in 4 seasons, with the extra one being in the BSP. But it was with Solihull Moors who had a media prediction of 16th in BSN to start with. 3 seasons will be tough though - you'll need at least 2 players from the start who can still average 7.00+ in L2 or you'll struggle with lineup changes later.

having down this with Fleetwood town. It all depends on keeping players happy, formation needs to be rigid. prioritise games as well as with a small squad like mine was 24 players in total. You cant afford to go after Fa cup etc when clearly you wont win it. I personally prioritised as BSN top priority, followed by FA Trophy then FA cup. for myself it was more important to be promoted than win minor trophies. Get a good parent club (when choices as available dont just go for money. look at the squads and the LOA icons as they are more likely to come on loan to yourselves.)

For me if bringing players in bring in quickly as i had 3 takeovers in first season (3 board takeovers but no players allowed in during these)

Then try and bring players in on fulltime contracts if possible. more fulltimers the better. Make sure you got good staff as well on fulltime.

Any more advice needed give me a shout. Ive made it with back to back promotions but thats down to a lot of luck and my 7th takover in championship giving me 10 million to avoid relegation. I won promotion via playoffs and a 95th minute goal.

Survived first season in prem thanks to 2 admins for other teams and 1 point

I got from BSN to League 2 with Droylsden, basically had to rebuild the first team after every promotion (aside from a good core of players I picked up in my first season). What got me was lack of funds, I got pitiful attendances and never had any money (not for expensive transfers mind, just wanted a bloody youth team).

Aside from that everyone else has given good advice, loans and frees are the way forward.

formation needs to be rigid.

Not necessarily.

You cant afford to go after Fa cup etc when clearly you wont win it.

I'd disagree with this as well. An FA Cup run can wipe your debts clear and sort you out for years to come. Never discount how important the FA Cup and the FA Trophy can be for non-League clubs. I once got into the FA Cup third round with a Blue Square South team and drew Everton away. It cleared my debts and more or less funded my promotion bid the next season!

I agree with Crouchaldinho, the FA cup and FA trophy comps are very important for BSN and BSS teams as a good run in these comps can clear your club`s debt and help you for the following season regarding bringing players in.

I have gotten my Alfreton (BSN) team into the 1st round proper of the FA cup and into the 2nd round of the FA trophy, and i got about £40k from those two cup runs which helped quite a lot.

I always try and get a good cup run going with lower teams as the prize money can really help.

crouchaldinho

Whilst yes it could be important. Progressing through the leagues is a main objective. What im saying for first season was league then cup. Maybe following season go for the cup run. But thats generally just my rule.

Again its each to their own but i prefer a rigid formation as it has seemed to benifit my Fleetwood town team.

as for building money i kept going after high profile friendlies which helped.

This .... is the best and easiest way to cover a full season. Two of these can easily get you around 75k in the coffers, which should get you through at least the first season without being in the red.

Then you are not so dependent on those 3-10k prizes for advancing in the cups ... especially if you don't have a large squad.

What ??? No money to even pay the wage how ??

This is the challenge of the lower leagues, dealing with the finances. If you take that away by using the friendlies to easily generate money then it becomes very easy.

I tend to plunge the club into debt during the first few years, then claw it back once I'm able to sell a few players and make a bit of money.

Loans, i'm going to say it again because I value the word so much. Loans. If you can get a good parent team (champ or even prem level) then they generally send out loanees who are a good couple of leagues ahead of you in ability. If you can get say a striker, a centre back and maybe a winger then you are well away.

Loans, i'm going to say it again because I value the word so much. Loans. If you can get a good parent team (champ or even prem level) then they generally send out loanees who are a good couple of leagues ahead of you in ability. If you can get say a striker, a centre back and maybe a winger then you are well away.

Again, I think this is also too easy and I try to do it without any loans at all.

You could say I like to do things the hard way :D

Again, I think this is also too easy and I try to do it without any loans at all.

You could say I like to do things the hard way :D

Come on dafuge your prowess is well known, us little guys need to get ahead somehow!

I'm doing this actually right now with Braintree. So far, I've gotten promoted three seasons in a row and am just about to start in League 1. In the BSS, grab Robert McCormick as a striker (poacher preferably) and just watch the goals go in! :) He had 48 in my first season for me. I also got lucky with my FA Cup matches. I ended up playing Carlisle and netting over $1 million US in a single month from TV and gate receipts. Payed for a nice improvement to my training and youth facilities in my second year!

Best of luck!

Hey guys, i just started unemployed and got a job with Worcester but i'm curious as to what would happen if you get relegated in BSS, isn't that the lowest you can get? do you get automatically sacked? and is BSN and BSN on par or is north better than south?

Hey guys, i just started unemployed and got a job with Worcester but i'm curious as to what would happen if you get relegated in BSS, isn't that the lowest you can get? do you get automatically sacked? and is BSN and BSN on par or is north better than south?

If you got relegated from the lowest league loaded then you would be automatically sacked when the new season started.

I've no idea if one league is stronger, I've always assumed they are roughly equal. The BSP seems to have a reasonable split of northern and southern teams.

In league reputation terms, the BSN and BSS are the same.

In terms of player ability, I imagine that they have the same guidelines, so they should be about the same.

In real life, a lot of managers and players who have been involved in both have made similar comments about the football in these two leagues. Our assistant manager and defender, Mark Peters, for instance, played for King's Lynn last year and has experienced the BSS with us this season. He suggested that the BSN is a more physical league and that the BSS has 'more football being played'. These comments have been echoed by various people playing at this level. How true it is, I don't know, because I haven't seen much BSN football myself.

Archived